Alley

NikonChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hit me.
Alley.jpg

hmm I like the details in the close peices, They're very shiny. But I keep looking to the whiteness in the back,,, looking for something to be there. And I think there should be a little bit more of the peices you've cut off right on the edges. Either a bit more or a bit less. But to be honest, I like where it's going. Maybe a different angle or something else instead of the white.
But that's just my opinion. :) You can ignore it if you want! :)

I like the composition, although since the pieces look like marble, I would think getting the details on the dark pawn would of been great. To make it different I would of tilted the camera to either side so not to get a straight in the middle.

Neat idea, I like the composition, but I agree about the background. I feel the pieces should be some of the lighter portions of the image for them to stand out. Even a warm wood background would be cool.

Neat composition though.

very good idea,but maybe from a different angle,just a thought but i think from one of the corners and fanning out,maybe set on a slightly larger depth of field.

its strange to see all comments essentially be suggestions on bringing the viewers attention away from the background and onto the pieces as my goal was to create an image that forced the viewer to go to the far distance of the visual beyond the pieces, like the end of a tension filled corridor.
I guess I succeeded; even if its not as obvious as I thought. :confused:

I like the fading into the light effect but I would also frame it differently so that the second row of pieces were all in or the nearest piece should be cropped out so the back rows would sort of blend away.

I like it though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back