almost all Nature... ??

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been busy this last week, but the camera keeps following me around!

1 Daisy at an old cottage in Balls Falls Conservation Area in Vinland Ontario.

websize001DSC_8762.jpg

2 The back door.

websize001DSC_8755.jpg

3 a small part of Balls Falls ( Mr. Ball was born in this area in 1743)

websize001DSC_86701.jpg

4 Along the Bruce Trail, near Campbellville Ontario

websize001DSC_8664.jpg

websize001DSC_8659.jpg

websize001DSC_8621.jpg

7 A farm north of Acton Ontario

websize001DSC_8578edit.jpg

Is this last one too dark,, I liked it, but Daisy gave me that look.. lol!!

Thanks for looking!!

Well, I like the last one best of the series of nature photos, too, mind, despite the underexposure. Makes the sky come out nicely and the ruminating cows seem to be getting a ray of sunlight, anyway. Interesting to see that horse in the same pasture, all the cows lying down and only that horse standing up. :)

These days it is just not possible to go past these changing leaves and NOT take their photo, right? I took one of our vine leaves the other day that kind of resembles your photo of the red so-and-so leaves (see what an expert I am?)

The last but one is a bit too close up for me, even though I like the colour (you can always be sure of that) I think I see to little to really appreciate it. Though I do see how the circle of water around those stems must have caught your attention.

Personally, I find the banks of the lake (?) (Bruce Trail) clearly too dark.

The waterfall is really nice, and to get to see a photo of Daisy is always a special treat, also to see how she is changing. I can't wait for December so we get to see your baby's photos ... my friend has had her little boy 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is so nice to see him and hold him, though she does not really let me take somewhat more "artistic" photos of her son...

Really nice yet again Raymond!
I really like #1 and #5 especially.
Daisy's pose looks nice and relaxed and very natural to me and its beautifully exposed as well.
The colors in #5 are stunning. Maybe its one for Octobers photo comp?

Man you really do live in a beautiful country.Canada is at the top of my "want to visit list".
Great stuff as usual.

Awesome series as always Raymond. Daisy looks really good and the pose is right on.
I really like number 3 also, and the colours in the leaves on 5 are great. Some have changed and some are still working on it. Very well done.

always, great shot of daisy...she is so lovely....especially pregnant..

does the water come out from under the rocks?? if so, that is just killer....gotta see that...

all are great...but i love the leaves changing...i can not wait for fall here...

Another great series Raymond, that is a very beautiful picture of your wife Daisy. I love the waterfall #5 and I like the last one maybe dark but it's very cool.

Thanks everyone, all comments are appreciated so much.

The main falls was so bright with direct sunlight, so I really didn't bother with it.. the erosion through the soft shale rock allowed the water to sneak around to the far side, so it was fun to capture it in long exposures., I have a few more, and I will try to prepare them soon.

Raymond: those two underexposed images are actually pretty good ones once one takes Shadow/Highligh tool in PhotoShop and brings the colours to life. Try it or with your permission I can repost a rework here :)

Nice shots by the way :) I really liked the last one with some shadow compensation :)

toruonu said:
Raymond: those two underexposed images are actually pretty good ones once one takes Shadow/Highligh tool in PhotoShop and brings the colours to life. Try it or with your permission I can repost a rework here :)

Nice shots by the way :) I really liked the last one with some shadow compensation :)

Yes, i ofter use that shadow/highlights, I just thought they were cool a bit dark. i wa tired last night processing these, and i guess my judgement wasn't 100 %! please feel free to edit as you wish, and thanks!

Well, wow: cool post processing here!
I must say I was quite fond of the last of Raymond's photos, dark as it was, but you really get something out of it ... which makes me like your edition even better!
Same about the lake: the water texture remains as "palpable" or even comes out more.
Great work here!
Wow.
Amazing what can be done by those who HAVE Photoshop and KNOW how to use it (neither of the two applies to me here.......)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back