Almost done baking! (may not be worksafe)

deb said:
Voodoo, although this portrait is a nude, it preserves your wife's modesty and dignity. The pose is classy, the black and white adds softness and the effect is pleasing. The tone of the portrait is intimate (as though there are just you and your wife).

And yet non-nude portraits of my pregnant wife are "too intimate" for sharing? :scratch: :irked:

'pologies to voods for sullying up this thread. I just don't understand ppl sometimes...

Shark said:
deb said:
Voodoo, although this portrait is a nude, it preserves your wife's modesty and dignity. The pose is classy, the black and white adds softness and the effect is pleasing. The tone of the portrait is intimate (as though there are just you and your wife).

And yet non-nude portraits of my pregnant wife are "too intimate" for sharing? :scratch: :irked:

'pologies to voods for sullying up this thread. I just don't understand ppl sometimes...

You dared to take your wife outside - in public, showing her belly. Never mind that she was fully clothed. Anyone could have seen her belly. She should have been restricted to a studio setting. :p :wink:

terri said:
Shark said:
deb said:

You dared to take your wife outside - in public, showing her belly. Never mind that she was fully clothed. Anyone could have seen her belly. She should have been restricted to a studio setting. :p :wink:

and barefoot.

I actually felt that shark's pictures LACKED intimacy.

I am obviously not communicating my thoughts about the pictures effectively.

Again, I in no way meant to offend anyone or to lessen the experience of having a child. I was merely stating my opinion (and it is just my opinion) on the technical aspects of the photographs.

I am sorry that my articulation is insufficient to make my point.

deb said:
I actually felt that shark's pictures LACKED intimacy.

deb said:
I have no problem with the technical aspects of the shots, but I do wonder why you are so quick to share something this personal. When I was pregnant, I allowed shots to be made, but they've been kept very private. Maybe it's old fashioned but I still believe there is such a thing as too much sharing.

I do think that sharing the pictures of the baby will be more appropriate.

:scratch: :irked:

My mistake. It wasn't "too intimate," it was "this personal" or "this private."

I fail to understand how someone fully clothed is too much sharing, but a nude is not.

(Not that I'm disparaging Voods work at all...I stand by my assertion that it is spectacular art!)

Beautiful picture! I like the lighting and her pose adds a lot interest to the shot. The wrinkling of the cloth also adds to the picture. A beautiful picture for a beautiful time period with you and your wife. Nice work!

Deb, while I respectfully disagree with your opinion on Shark's work, why not just say that in the first place? It certainly creates misunderstandings when you are less than honest in your reply.

awright, sorry, i can't hold back anymore.
(my aplogies, as well, voods, but you know i really did try to keep my mouth shut)

deb, can you really not see how your initial response to shark's photos would hurt the feelings of an expectant, excited dad?
the synergy of those critical remarks coupled with your subsequent response to voodoocat's posting is downright insensitive. frankly, i wonder how you are able to absorb art at all through the apparent scab on your emotional matrix.

I also have to disagree with Deb also.

Two pregnancy shots, different settings. Obviously Voods one is more personal, with the studio style setting, and her expression on her face.

Shark on the other hand has his wife outside, theyre happy, enjoying life and ready to share with everyone.

If sharing is not intimate, regardless of what setting it is in, then I really feel sorry for you not being able to appreciate both.

Sorry voods for slightly hijacking.

deb said:
It's in the presentation shark.

The difference in your definition of art and mine.

How dare you even try to step inside my head and assume to understand my definition of art. Perhaps you're so blinded by your apparent closed-mindedness you cannot see love, growth, or beauty in anything but your narrow range of view. I've held back while you insulted me, insulted my wife, insulted my unborn child, and insulted my photography, but enough is enough.

I'm done rolling over and playing nice.

I'm disgusted and frankly shocked that someone who would come to a photography forum--a forum of artistic expression--would have such a narrow view of the subject. Even in photos that I critique that I don't personally like, I attempt to view the material through different eyes and gain perspective. It appears that you are so locked and set in your ways and views, that that is something you are incapable of.

So, it's not about the picture anymore. If a grown man puts his work on a forum, he can't wear his heart on his sleeve.

I thought this was a photography forum where the quality of a photograph was discussed. Quality, including everything from the physical lighting, setting, exposure, model and composition to the tone, mood, intent and emotion.

The photograph invoked a response from me, but obviously shark is not interested in knowing how someone other than his "friend" here will interpret his work.

Voovoo, I apologize for my part in making your thread a war room. Perhaps the moderators will move all of the unrelated posts to another thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back