Aloha..... My name is Cindy

cinphoto24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howzzit... I live in Hawaii and decided to take up photography. Or shall I say I'm "trying" to understand photography all on my own which I am now learning that this is not as easy as it looks! My father in law is a professional photographer and so is my brother. I see how it works I just don't know how to work it! LOL I'm a military wife and mom trying to capture all of Hawaii's beauty since I have so much free time. What a great way to do this if only I understood my camera! lol I'm going to use this site to hopefully get me through the basics! If this doesn't work I'm officially going to have to take some classes!
Nice to meet everyone, and much Aloha!

1st, get that book they recommended on the other post.
2nd, download your cameras operations manual and print it and put it in a 3 ring binder where you can make notes on it as you change and try different settings as you progress.
3rd, learn to do a 2 button reset to get everything back to default settings in case all goes in the wrong direction.
4th, Start shooting in aperature priority (where you set the f-stop) and the camera basically selects the shutter speed for you and go from there.
here is a link that has a few photo sites that are popular: 150 unmissable photography sites | Pixiq
-
Shoot well, Joe

Most reactions

Back