Alpa collection

ALPAGUY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a collection of ALPA made Camera, Lenses and filters. The camera is a model 8b serial # 40432. The set includes the standard 50mm 1.8, a 35mm 2.8, a 135mm, assorted filters including polarizing and skylight, a 2x Vivitar tele extender, extention tubes and leather cases. I am considering selling the complete set. I have not used the camera since the early 1980's. My father bought this set used and passed it on to me. I used it extensively during my years in high school and beyond. The shutter has since frozen. Does anyone have any idea of what a set might bring to a collector these days? I have tried to upload a photo with no success. I welcome comments!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a collection of ALPA made Camera, Lenses and filters. The camera is a model 8b serial # 40432. The set includes the standard 50mm 1.8, a 35mm 2.8, a 135mm, assorted filters including polarizing and skylight, a 2x Vivitar tele extender, extention tubes and leather cases. I am considering selling the complete set. I have not used the camera since the early 1980's. My father bought this set used and passed it on to me. I used it extensively during my years in high school and beyond. The shutter has since frozen. Does anyone have any idea of what a set might bring to a collector these days? I have tried to upload a photo with no success. I welcome comments!

To get pictures in your posts insert the picture hosting site between the
tags, like this:

I][B][COLOR=

The price is dictated by the condition and functionality of the camera in general. Alpa 8b usually brings somewhere around $900 for the body and lens in average to good condition. The hard part is finding someone who wants to pay that, like a specialized Alpa collector. Not many out there... Especially if the camera has shutter problems.

What is the little window to the right of the lens for? Combined rangefinder SLR? Very cool whatever it is.

Dear Mitica100, I am considering whether to have the shutter repaired before trying to sell the set. Do you repair those or could you reccomend anyone? I viewed your website and would consider trying to make the repair myself possibly as a last resort. Any thoughts as to whether the repair cost may out weight the increase in a sale price?

Thanks for the tip MJ! The bid just closed at $1511.11!

Mitica100, I took your advice and had the shutter repaired by Camera.com in NJ. I currently have it listed on E-BAY. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back