Alpha series (56K bad)

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, it's a lot of images, my apologies for posting so many, I hope you enjoy them. All scanned from prints I have made. Some have been shown here before, but I wanted to show the series in it's entirety. No photoshop whatsoever has been applied save cropping the borders of paper. Keep in mind that my scanner was made before I was born (Ok, exagerration), and the prints look better in person. Various films were used, mostly ilford HP5, but also kodak p3200, tri-x400 and tmax400.

I would really appreciate some very serious, harsh, smack-me-in-the-face critique on these. Thanks for taking the (long) time to look:)

A
A.jpg

Boots
boots.jpg

Cloud city
cloudcity.jpg

Door to?
doorto.jpg

Electricity
electricity.jpg

Film
film.jpg

Glass, steel, and concrete
glasssteelandconcrete.jpg

Home
home.jpg

Ion
Ion.jpg

J
J.jpg

K
K.jpg

L
L.jpg

M
M.jpg

N
N.jpg

Oppressive sky
oppressivesky.jpg

Photographer
photographer.jpg

Q
Q.jpg

Regret
regret.jpg

Spiral
spiral.jpg

To basement
tobasement.jpg

Unidentified
unidentified.jpg

V
V.jpg

Wish
wish.jpg

Xylaphone
xylaphone.jpg

Y
Y.jpg

Z
Z.jpg

Congratulations for making it to the bottom!:mrgreen:

This works very well as a series, Interesting how you captured the letters.

Film is film! Nothing can beat the authentic grain.

You have some interesting perspectives and compositions here. The 'Ion' shot should be my favourite from the bunch, closely followed by the 'Home'. I also like 'Cloud City', 'To Basement' and the 'Oppressive Sky' :thumbup:

Hey alright! a 'super moderator' commented in my thread!

Seriously, thanks everyone for the comments. Any more critiques out there? Do they work well and 'flow' as a series? Is it boring and contrived? I tried to take a commonly practiced series (alphabet in form) and give it a little more of an abstract feel. I think the series as a whole is kinda loose though, no real theme or feel that ties them all together. I dunno, I tried. What do you think? Anyone else?

Thanks

i'm probably just slow, but i didn't "get" the series because I didn't read your synopsis at the top... once i realized what was going on, i went back up and started over... the whole series was much better for me the second time... :meh: individually i really like "Home" also - my favorite. "Wish" is also a very powerful image to me. I am also fascinated how you managed to get J, K, L, M, Q, and V... good eye and great captures... looks like fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back