Alpine Sunrise

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The glowing warmth of the colors belies the cold of this crisp, August morning.....Brainard Lake and Indian Peaks (Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado) the morning after a fresh, early snowfall.

Sunrise.jpg

It's a little dark, but otherwise I think it's a pretty good shot.

Agreed...a little dark. I think it's a pretty good shot, but for me...I think it needs something, I'm just not sure what.

Thanks, everyone. I'll respectfully disagree with the dark issue. I feel the dark is what makes this image. It takes the focus off of the relatively featureless forest and places it on the beautiful colors of the sky and lake.....and the white contrast of the snow on the rugged peaks.

I've tried lightening it up.....it really detracts from the theme, which is.....cold, early, dark.

You could try cropping out about midway into the lake to give it a more panoramic crop. might be cool.

I think I agree with the cropping. I think if you take some of the bottom of the pic out, the darkness doesn't bother me anymore. (I know you already explained the darkess!)

Well I don't know if I've ever seen a picture that shape for, but I definately like it without the foreground.

whooo, the oval version is soo cool :shock: Some how the picture has more focus on the cool wonderfull tones of the sky and lake (makes me want to put a coat on)

Might be tricky building a frame around it :wink: I like it, being a little on the dark side makes it feel that much colder. I fiqure if a picture is a morning, evening shot shouldn't it be a tad dark?

Most reactions

Back