Already chose gear and saving to buy!! ADVICE?

I like messing with manual settings, auto mode wont give me the shots I truly want, as I have learned with compact cameras.
If I understand correctly (I haven't owned the entry-level Canons) the 100D/SL1 and the Rebels make it harder work to use manual mode than the higher level bodies, as you can't adjust both aperture and shutter speed as easily in manual mode.

Also, while I understand the attraction of the tiny 100D to work with, that advantage is going to disappear very quickly if you work with some of the lenses you're considering - I doubt the 8-15mm or the 15-85mm would 'balance' well enough to be comfortable to use on a body as small as the SL1. (I may be wrong on this, and to a large extent it may depend on personal preference).

Thank you for that other point I have to consider!

I have another question, Does the EF 8-15mm have better image quality on a crop frame camera, lets say the T3i, than the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, f4-4.6 and EFS 10-22mm on the same camera T3i??
The EF 8-15mm is a fisheye lens, the others are rectilinear ultrawides. Comparing one with the other is like comparing lemons with fish. Decide if you want a fisheye or a standard ultrawide, then compare the alternatives WITHIN one lens type.

I own the EF-S 10-22mm. It's reasonably sharp, but not for pixel-peepers, and has great colour rendition and contrast. It's a very good lens.

If you're considering a fisheye though, the obvious lenses to compare with the Canon 8-15mm are the Sigma 10mm and Sigma 15mm fisheyes. The Sigmas are are faster, cheaper and compare favourably in image quality with the Canon. Gene Ho uses them for wedding photography and gets inspiring results - go google his images.

Thanks I am a pixel peeper, so the crop wide lenses wont work for me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back