Alright here is what my camra can do for nature.

Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now remember all i'm just starting out here so bare with me as the photo as I hope will get better. Let me know what you think of my camra which is the fujifilm finepix s700. These images have been resized to 1024x768.

upload6.jpg

upload5.jpg

upload4.jpg

upload3.jpg

upload2.jpg

Upload1.jpg

I swear... I thought photographers took pictures....

Good for a beginner though, keep it up.

If you copy and paste the IMG code that is under the image in photobucket it will put your image directly in the thread without the link.

That is a nice capture with the birds there in front of the water. I think this image could handle a little more saturation and perhaps even a tighter crop...at least to remove some of the expanse of grass in the foreground. Just seems like too much dead space there.

I think maybe your exposure is a bit off, but since thats an area that I have trouble in as well, especially outdoors, I'm not sure what advice to give you on that. I also don't know what the fuji finepix is capable of as far as its exposure settings.

You are on the right track though and I think this a great first image if you are just starting out.

I swear... I thought photographers took pictures....
:lol::hail:

Don't you know, it's the camera that picks the person not the other way around.

I think the setting is beautiful. Technical stuff comes with practice. So good job keep goin :)

Thanks scott, ajay, and sweet. This is probley the best picture I have got so far. I agree with you ajay on a crop as now that you pointed out is does kinda add lots of free space and seems to draw you to that portion of the picture. This picture is the best of 100 of other fall colors here in michigan. The picture was taken at Kensington Metro Park. Also yes just starting out and have been doing a lot of reading. A learning the pre-set modes for now as till I learn how to properly set manaul settings. Ajay I will look into the img code so I don't have to put a link. I don't quite know what i'm doing yet with uploading pictures like this. Thanks for the tips guys and as I get more pictures I will post some more. Thanks again for looking. I also edited my post of orgrianl picture and found out that the max I can do on photobucket is 1024x768 so I resized from the orgrianl negitve and posted it direct into the post as ajay has stated thanks. I don't think you can tell much more sharpness but looks a little better. Gosh I am having so much fun with photography.

I don't know whether your camera has the ability to adjust its white balance, but you may need to check what it's set at if so - the image looks to have a slight red/magenta cast to it. That should be a relatively straightforward adjustment to make in post-processing though.

Ok I have added a few more pictures from when I first posted the first one. The sunset pictures were just take a 1 week ago here in michigan and it was like that for two nights.

I don't like how when you resize a picture it makes it kinda grany. Is there any better software I could use that would keep it to the nice crips negitive?

My camra does have a white balance however still learning soon not sure where to set that yet. Thanks for all looking and hope you like the photo's.

Pretty good for someoe just starting out. One thing I would like to suggest is that beginners look around in places like flickr.com and on this very site too.

Compare your results with theirs, see what they are doing and try to imitate it.

There is a rule called the rule of thirds. Bsically that means place your subjects in one of the 9 "areas" that are formed when you mentally divide what you see in your viewer into 3 square areas up and 3 square areas across. Feel free to break this rule at will... lol.

As an example, in the picture of the birds, they are smack center and the tree on the right is chopped off in half vertically. Take 5-8 steps to the left, focus on the birds, then recompose, place them more left a little in the picture and include the tree.

One thing I found hard at first is to THINK about what I want to take and what I want to do. Everyone at first looks through the viewfinder... the trick is to see what your viewfinder is showing you. ;)

Wow that next to last one is gorgeous! And the orange sunsets are beautiful too. Keep it up, you are doing a good job. The more you look around on here the more you will learn.

Thank ajay for the comment. I really like the second to last picture as well. I took that shot with the camra in sunset mode. And turned out great. I am going to blow that one up and see how it looks. Thanks jerry for the comments as well. I see your point as im learning on positon of subject. Next time I go shoot I will work on that rule and break it a little here and there....lol Thanks for the info again guys and glad you like the pics.

Here is a link to the camra I own with full review...

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_s700-review/index.shtml

Quick question for you Brian, are you using the Digital zoom at all, or sticking to the analog? If you're using digital, turn it off and never use it again :p

I noticed the photos are rather grainy too, do you have it on auto ISO? I suppose you probably do as you're shooting in the programmed modes.. You might want to explore using the Tv or Av functions, and control your own ISO, could reduce the graininess.

Anyway, good start so far. Welcome to the forum.

Tol... The digital zoom is off. I turned that off the first day lol. The picture negitives don't have the red look like the first picture has or the graniy that a few other pictures have. I am using the camra software that came with the camra to resize the pics and when I do this they then look grainy. I am going to put paint shop on tonight and see how they turn out.

Yes the camra is in auto iso. However I was just reading the manual last night next time I go out to shoot pictures im going to use the setting you said bout just setting iso but not other things. The negitive pictures that are untouched that I can't post because there to big look very sharp like the second to last pic and last pic when the pictures are untouched.

Thanks for all the info. I have learned a lot from all of you. I will take all these tips in next time I go out to shoot then post some pics and see if I have improved.

Ok guys and gals... I got paint shop on the computer today. Went and resized from the negitives again all in paint shot to fix the graniy that was happen with using the camra software. Some pictures are still a little graniy. However others are not so thats good. I will start playing with the iso to help this as stated from posters. Thanks for looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back