Alternative Browsers instead of Internet Explorer and Netsca

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thougth about trying Mozilla, but im not sure if it will work that well. Right now my ie is a bit messed up, it wont do alot of java stuff like yahoo games, and theres some spyware in it or something playing with my urls, so if my browser doesnt find something in say 10 seconds it loads its own search browser, and once in a while itll change my home page to some weird search site. So I have to use Netscape to get into yahoo games so I was thinking about installing Mozilla or something as a back up to netscape since I cant use netscape unless my pc is juset rebooted it since netscape is a hog.

Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on Mozilla or other alternative browsers?

How is Mozalla against spyware, security, viruses, etc?

Security is a bit of an issue with me. :0)

I would suggest Firebird. It is the slimed down version of Mozilla sort of. As far as the spyware, virus and other malware it is fabulous. Since you can't get the silent installs like ie you know what it is doing.

As far as your IE concerns, it sounds like you picked up Cool Web Search. Very nasty bugger. Search for cwshredder or hijack this. It will remove it, cause the only other way is to basically re-install since it modifies Windows files. Then I would recommend you install Spybot search and destory or Adaware.

Geronimo said:
I would suggest Firebird. It is the slimed down version of Mozilla sort of. As far as the spyware, virus and other malware it is fabulous. Since you can't get the silent installs like ie you know what it is doing.

As far as your IE concerns, it sounds like you picked up Cool Web Search. Very nasty bugger. Search for cwshredder or hijack this. It will remove it, cause the only other way is to basically re-install since it modifies Windows files. Then I would recommend you install Spybot search and destory or Adaware.

Thanks for the tip. :0) Did you konw some spyware remover programs add thier own spyware? :0) I seen some programs in walmart, just gotta do some research to see whats the best program. :0) Hopefully its the cheapest of the lot, hehe, but I doubt that.

I love Mozilla (and Camino...the slimmed down version for Macs) because it really controls pop ups. HOWEVER, it exposes a lot of problems people have in their html coding that IE might compensate for, so some things people have sloppy code for might not work well.

I use Firebird for my browing. It does do a wonderful job on popups and spyware. Most pages load just fine, but java and flash and other plugins are a potential difficulty to get installed. I would highly reccommend it though.

Most reactions

Back