Alternative to third party batteries? (Nikon)

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OEM obviously....
but they are pretty expensive.
I dont normally plug someones ebay store here, BUT, a while back I was looking to buy some extra EN-EL15 batteries and I was hesitant to buy third party. At the same time, I needed a bunch of batteries, and really didn't want to spend $70 each for brand new OEM ones.
I ran across some on ebay that were used, in EX+ condition (they were backup batteries) at $30 each. I ordered two of them just to see.
when they got here, they looked brand new, and still had the plastic caps on them. I used them both on the last wedding we shot and i couldn't tell any difference shot wise between them, and the other OEM batteries i had purchased brand new. so I ordered more, which came in yesterday. they look brand new as well. If anyone is looking to pick up some EN-EL15 batteries, and are thinking of saving some money by going third party, I would highly recommend this guys used OEM batteries instead. none of them are the recalled numbers. They were all shipped fast and packaged very well.

if you would like to check them out, you can do so HERE.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought my EN-EL15 that way too. It came up 0% life used on the battery meter. A great way to save a ton of money and still have the peace of mind of an OEM battery.

I got tired of using AA in the grip. What a difference in weight too.

I've been using these more then I've used my OEM's..

Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery for Nikon EN-EL15 and Nikon 1 V1, D600, D610, D800, D800E, D7000, D7100 (Decoded Chip): Camera & Photo

I'd be worried the ones on ebay are counterfeit :)

i suppose you would have to worry about anything you buy on ebay used then.
they have all the same markings, numbers, and weight of our originals.
plus, they seem to have the same life as or OEM's.

I did not have the greatest experience with third party batteries before.
I cant imagine the risk of using possible counterfeits is any more than the risk of using definite third party batteries.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon UK has Genuine Nikon EN-EL15 for £32 so at that price there is no reason to buy third-part battery`s on my opinion.

John.

I've used the wasabi's in my D90. They were pretty good, but this is a great way to get some OEMs.

I had a spare battery for my old camera body. It was a generic and cost $1-2 on ebay and I could not tell any difference (besides appearance) between it and the one that came with my camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back