Status
Not open for further replies.

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lets put together a list of questions you can ask yourself to see if you are a professional or not.

First off I do not consider myself professional so take my questions with a grain of salt.

1. Do I know what lens I'd use in any given situation?
2. Do I know how to use basic lighting tools?
3. Can I utilize lighting tools to enhance my photos?
4. Do I have a basic understanding of contracts and the business aspect of photography?
5. Am I insured?
6. Is my Equipment insured?
7. Can I properly pose a single person and large groups?

That's all I got. Lets hear from the real Pros here and maybe we can sticky this thread.

I think a title for these questions would be, am I an expert photographer.

A professional photographer is someone who collects money for their photos.
They can have less than half of that list checked off and still be considered a pro.

Beyond that, questions like number 3, 6 and 7 aren't universal.
Think about sports photographers that don't own their own equipment, don't use flash and has never posed a person in their life.

6. Is my Equipment insured?

How does this make you professional? Anyone can do this but it won't make them a professional. I even bet there are some professionals that don't have insurance.

I have insurance on my musical instruments (guitar and mandolin) but I'm hardly a professional. I just want the protection that insurance provides.

I'm not trying to start an arguement about this list because those are really good questions. I just question this one item being on there.

Again I am not a pro, I am just culling from what I see on here every other week.

Feel free to add your own questions.

runnah, I'm not a pro either. (heck sometimes I question if I am a hobbyist.) I just love to take pictures and learn about photography.

Again I am not a pro, I am just culling from what I see on here every other week.

Feel free to add your own questions.

So do you feel that these questions define a professional photographer on a universal level?

So do you feel that these questions define a professional photographer on a universal level?

Are you thick?

This is the third time I am going to say this. I am not a pro, I am pulling questions I see posted on here on a weekly basis.

Do I need to draw you a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back