Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...ok, so most of you know I work in the office for my stepdad's construction company. Being a small business we get an unbelievable amount of calls from companies trying to sell us crap, like postage meters and national yellow page listings and whatnot....

...now...these people are just doing their job, just like I am. They're trying to make a living, just like me. But yet, after the scabillionth call of this type, I get such GREAT PLEASURE in hanging up on them when they just keep talking after I say "no thanks, we're not interested". So...am I awful? Why can't they ever take no for an answer? And why do we need a national yellow pages listing when I JUST told you that we don't go more than a 60mi radius from here???

Ok...sorry...rant done.

Sorry if you're the telemarketer that I just hung up on.

I like to ask them what kind of underwear they have on. See how persistent they are before they are thoroughly freaked out. Got one bloke as far as making suggestive noises once - about ten minutes of pure filth...

Rob

Rob said:
I like to ask them what kind of underwear they have on. See how persistent they are before they are thoroughly freaked out. Got one bloke as far as making suggestive noises once - about ten minutes of pure filth...

Rob
:lmao:

Having been a telemarketer and inside sales rep for the last 2 years I can say that it's perfectly ok. Believe me, you're not the only one who hangs up. It's part of the job.

And Rob, it's people like you that make the Job fun. I've had the strangest coversations with people it's hilarious.

This one guy offered me a job. Another one had a 20min conversation with me about the most ridiculous stuff, which I actually appreciated because the less calls one makes then the better your calls to sales ratio is.

Having irate people is also hilarious. Like I don't exactly get paid enough to give a flying eff that you're actually ****ed off, and yelling at me isn't going to get you anywhere either. Maybe you should call the Credit Card company that you took a ridiculously high interest Card from. They're the ones paying me. And maybe you should have checked the box on your card that says "I would not like to be notified of new services available".

Talking to idiots every day was fun sometimes.

When people phone my house and ask for me, I look at the call display, and if I dont know that number I will say. ..." Im sorry Maam/Sir..but he passed away a while ago." 99% of the time, they say, they will remove my name from the calling list. I usually respond with" Im sure he will appreciate it. " Done..,. I never hear from them again.

Chiller said:
When people phone my house and ask for me, I look at the call display, and if I dont know that number I will say. ..." Im sorry Maam/Sir..but he passed away a while ago." 99% of the time, they say, they will remove my name from the calling list. I usually respond with" Im sure he will appreciate it. " Done..,. I never hear from them again.

Yeah, I do that too for calls to my own phone, but we can't for the business...sometimes I may not know the number, but it IS a call we need..customers, suppliers, ect.

Chiller said:

!!!!

Hanging up will not get them to STOP calling. Nor will saying "I'm not interested".

They will call you again for something different.

what was that danny DeVito (SP) flick where he answers the phone and says, "Betty? Yea, Betty's here, but she's busy sucking my ****. [hangs up phone] Ha, I love wrong numbers." :lmao:

Corry, no you're not bad for hanging up on them. I used to sell windows and siding (for a VERY brief time), and like Bace said, it comes with the territory.

Corry, you are DEFINITEY not bad for not being able to say no...alas, if only more women in my life had that problem....

bace said:
!!!!

Hanging up will not get them to STOP calling. Nor will saying "I'm not interested".

They will call you again for something different.

Even on most of my junk mail, I write Deceased on it, and send it back. So far it is working. :D
I have died a lot.

jocose said:
what was that danny DeVito (SP) flick where he answers the phone and says, "Betty? Yea, Betty's here, but she's busy sucking my ****. [hangs up phone] Ha, I love wrong numbers." :lmao:

Corry, no you're not bad for hanging up on them. I used to sell windows and siding (for a VERY brief time), and like Bace said, it comes with the territory.

Corry, you are DEFINITEY not bad for not being able to say no...alas, if only more women in my life had that problem....

Hahahaha...the funny thing around here..my stepdad/boss is the one can't say no. If a sales person gets him on the phone, he's on there for a while, and sometimes they get him, too. I recently got a bill in for something that has to do with advertising in a community guide ( huh? :scratch: ) for $300...that he already agreed to. I asked him what it was exactly that we were advertising in. He doesn't know. :er: So...as long as I'm around we have a deal... if it comes up on caller ID as unknown caller, or as a company or name we don't know, he hands the phone to ME so I can deal with it.

I write Deceased on it

Excellent idea! I would have never thought of doing that.

For home, I put myself on the natl do not call list. So far it is working. At work I try to have the receptionist filter the calls but some still come through. Lately I just answer their questions with random answers. Deceased is a great idea, I'll have to try with some junk mail wonder if that would work for my mortgage?

If I'm feeling in a good mood and have the time I'll make them work to sell me whatever it is!

I know from the start that I'm not buying but they don't! :lol:

Other than that I just say no thank you (no need to be impolite!) and hang up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back