Am i Evil?

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
been messing about in photoshop this morning

wanted to create a dark/sinister looking self portrait, as it's something I've never tried before. Had a bit of trouble deciding on a crop but settled on this.

Do you think i may have done too much manipulation with this one?

Any other critiques welcome

evilme2.jpg

specs:
cant really remember... 20d 18-50mm with flash

The eyes are amazing, and really draw me into the photo. I think it depends on the intent...the skin tones look "fake" to me, but it works to help create the look you were going for. I like the blackness, but perhaps a little less around the chin and top of the head would work better? I think it's an interesting attempt!

Yes, eyes look good, but the skin tone is funny. Your nose is more red than the rest of your face, it looks like you have a cold. Plus the crop looks sort of funny. I think you chopped too much off the bottom and top

I really like the crop, but I agree with AlisonPower that there could be less darkness at the top and bottom somehow.

Also agreeing with AlisonPower, those eyes sure are cool! But agreeing more with AlisonPower :blushing: I must say the skin does look kinda 'computer generated' in places...

Awesome picture though, well done!

thanks everyone

I had my doubts with the crop myself, i will try a few more out later.

The skins tones where a bit difficult for me, I wanted them 'redish' and more on the saturated side, but they saturated abit inconsistantly across the face.

i find that pale skin tones with a cool colorcast are more scary. here is an example of one that i did.:confused:
5.jpg

Most reactions

Back