Am I friggin' stupid or what? Nikon shooter thinking Canon P&S.

One thing to look into also... is flash compatibility. Canon G series is compatible with the entire EX line which is convenient when traveling along with your SLR + accessories. I believe compatibility on the Nikon is good with a few exceptions.

i'd say go with the best unit(canon)... the only caveat is the software learning curve...

especially if ur shooting RAW and using manufacture proprietary software for development... you have to learn a whole other program...

but if you develop using LR2 or something like that you have nothing to lose...

Well I was in town today and decided to get my mitts on the G10. Although I didn't spend a great deal of time navigating the screen menus and only took a handful of shots, I was rather impressed with the little guy. It is certainly more robust than any other P&S I messed with, but not to the point of being too large.

Here's a couple of sample shots I took with it. Now don't go all C&C on me with composition, DoF and the rest. These ARE snapshots. I stayed in Manual and Av shooting modes.

Canon-G10-20-Edit.jpg

Canon-G10-17-Edit.jpg

Canon-G10-19-Edit.jpg

Realizing a few more of the limitations it has, this may be an addition to the collection rather than a replacement for the D80. More time and another play is needed.​

Most reactions

New Topics

Back