Am I Getting ripped off?

nostromo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I work for a coin dealer taking close up pictures of rare coins for an ebay business. There are only two of us. It makes about $25,000.00 every 31 days (approx). I am told that I take some of the best coin photos on ebay and that they rival, even excell, professional coin photos in collector books.

I've been promised raises multiple times for 6months (starting with day one) and have yet to receive any.

I make $8.50 an hour.

Am I getting ripped off or what?

YOu can't ask for a raise you have to demand it!!!! That is something learned over the years though.......good luck! Now go out and sell yourself!!!!!!

YOu can't ask for a raise you have to demand it!!!! That is something learned over the years though.......good luck! Now go out and sell yourself!!!!!!
I agree if you think your photography is worth more than what your boss is paying you for it you need to demand more for it. You need to be prepared to loose your job though because this may be enough to piss off your boss and also if you want to make a demand you need to back it up with something.

Its been my experience as a business owner that you have to know what you want before you walk in to talk to the boss. And be firm about it, especially since you have been promised and it has not happened. And if it is denied for whatever reason, then its time to look elsewhere

This is something you need to decide for yourself. Take a good look at your work, if you feel it is worth more than 8.50 an hour then you are letting yourself get ripped off.

At $8.50, yeah. You're helping him make money, and without your work, he wouldn't be making as much money. Think of it like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back