Am I just a weirdo?

Negative ISO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I find myself fascinated by the weirdest shots sometimes. This afternoon I was messing around with different f-stop and shutter-speed combinations in the back yard. I downloaded the images afterwards to compare the results, and they were all boring pictures of nothing, but for some reason I like this one.

51eay.jpg

Not in a frame-it-and-put-it-on-the-wall type of way, but there's just something odd that I like about it.

Do I just need to get out more? :D

my personal opinion is that you need to get out more but it is a good photo. I probably would have proped the shovel up or something and fix the hose and make it look all nice. I can see were your coming from though sometimes im fascinated with little things to

I think it's the color scheme that's appealing myself. Maybe thats it?;-)

I think you need to improve your composition and find things that make photo interesting, for people to think, capture moments and etc. If you post photos like that on this forum or any forum people wouldn't know what to comment on. If this is what you like to shoot it's okay, you can keep it to yourself.

I think you need to improve your composition and find things that make photo interesting, for people to think, capture moments and etc. If you post photos like that on this forum or any forum people wouldn't know what to comment on. If this is what you like to shoot it's okay, you can keep it to yourself.

I think the OP is aware that the composition isn't that great. It is however, in focus, the colors are nice and is overall a good capture. There is just something about it that the OP cant put their finger on. And no, the OP shouldn't have to keep it to him/herself. There might be something learned from this shot that might improve their skills.

OP, you need to learn why you like something. With every photo that you like, you need to figure out why, so you can tuck that into your minds library, and draw upon it in the future. We all start somewhere, and continue to build our vocabulary.

What is it that you like in this one? Is it the color harmony? Is it the lines? If it is, build upon that. Seek out more color, seek out more lines to photograph.

Read up on composition. There's tons of info on the intertubes. It's the first step in going from blah, to ahhh!

OP, you need to learn why you like something. With every photo that you like, you need to figure out why, so you can tuck that into your minds library, and draw upon it in the future. We all start somewhere, and continue to build our vocabulary.

What is it that you like in this one? Is it the color harmony? Is it the lines? If it is, build upon that. Seek out more color, seek out more lines to photograph.

Read up on composition. There's tons of info on the intertubes. It's the first step in going from blah, to ahhh!

This seems like very good advice, thank you.

I think the OP is aware that the composition isn't that great. It is however, in focus, the colors are nice and is overall a good capture. There is just something about it that the OP cant put their finger on. And no, the OP shouldn't have to keep it to him/herself. There might be something learned from this shot that might improve their skills.

I do understand that there is something he likes about it. Like I said, learn and improve his composition to make what he likes better. Maybe it's the circular figure, continuous wire/tube. All of those lead to emptiness. If that's what he's aiming for then he need to make it darker, b&w even to set the tone and build on that to take better pictures that include that. That's just an example, there could be thousand of different reason. But unless he post at least one thing he likes about it, how would we even have the slightest idea? All I'm saying is help us help you, if not then figure it out then ask us.

But don't we sometimes need other viewers' input in order to really learn WHY we like something? Couldn't it be that THEY have the words that eluded us at first, which is why we were left with a feeling of "there is something there but I can't name it", and then someone else points out that the colour scheme is a nice one here, and voilà, the OP has learned something and can build up on that? I think that is what forums on specific topics are there for, to find oneself a kind of sounding board, to get some feedback.

Coming from a guy who photographs pine sol bottles, I can identify with the OP.
Did you not read where he specifically stated that he was testing different f stops and shutter speeds?

Most reactions

Back