Am I ready for the General Gallery? Heaven's Key's for C&C

Prophet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Am I ready? Not much to what I can do with photoshop. I try to keep it simple. Still working on my DoF. Some practice shots. Cropped, sharpened and converted from RAW to JPEG in PS. As always C&C welcomed.

"Heaven's Keys"
Heavens_Keys.jpg

f/11 1/5 Sec iso100 @40mm

"Heaven's Keys 2"
Heavens_Keys_2.jpg

f/5.6 1/5 sec iso100 @40mm

B&W Version:
Heavens_Keys_3-BW.jpg

"Heaven's Keys 3"
Heavens_Keys_3.jpg

f/7.1 1/10 sec. iso100 @38mm

-JD-

Last edited:
I really don't mean to sound abrasive, but I don't really understand how these shots exhibit any photographic skill.. I think that most could take the same shots with some basic settings and desaturation.

It's possible that you're very talented/skilled-most likely moreso than me, but I don't see these as difficult shots at all..

Take some other shots where things aren't so symetrical and your choice of composure comes into play, because you can't compose piano keys.. I look forward to your work, especially with your expensive new addition to your lens arsenal.

I don't think all shots need to be difficult ones. Sure, those are fun, but often times, the simplest shots are the funnest to take and practice on.

As for the shots, I'm not sure I like the one with back and from DOP. Might of worked better with some hands in there.

And I think the first one is a bit dark

I actually quite like the first picture, great DOF in my opinion :)

I believe if you can get someone to play the piano, but keep the same sort of angle, and it will look even better!

Most reactions

Back