Amanda

This is a very nice photo but I think I might be less likely to forget her eyes if she were actually looking at me.

I think a closer crop on both of those would work better, but you nailed the clarity and the wb!

Oh yes, the second photo is, for me, so much better if it's her eyes that are important and what you want the viewer to notice and not forget. Very nice!

#1, you can almost fit her hand in the frame. Either include the hand or crop it closer... nothing in the middle.

I love the photo though. . What lens is it? NIce.

I think a closer crop on both of those would work better, but you nailed the clarity and the wb!

If you want to crop them to see what they look like you can. Since these are links from my Flickr page they show up smaller here, but since I usually view them in a larger size I like the way they are.

Oh yes, the second photo is, for me, so much better if it's her eyes that are important and what you want the viewer to notice and not forget. Very nice!

I figured you'd like that one. I like variety, so I look for different things and take many different shots of whoever I'm with.

#1, you can almost fit her hand in the frame. Either include the hand or crop it closer... nothing in the middle.

I love the photo though. . What lens is it? NIce.

The lens is a 50mm Nikon Series E on an old Nikon EM camera a friend got at a yard sale and gave to me. Glad to hear you like the photo!

I'll remove this later- I would do something closer like this, crop mid-forearm. Its a really beautiful image, what a nice lens!
6573002389_5ae7e0c519_b.jpg

The other one I couldn't open, but I'd make it a vertical with only half-ish of that pole showing. Just to really bring the focus in.

The processing for these....if there was any....looks pretty good.

The comp of the photos, is not ideal, the light was managed well.

She is a very attractive young lady.

The processing for these....if there was any....looks pretty good.

The comp of the photos, is not ideal, the light was managed well.

She is a very attractive young lady.

I just got the film developed and posted the photos; no extra processing was done. It's not my favorite of that set of photos, composition wise, but I still like it. Thanks for your comments.

*Bossy- I like your crop! You can leave it if you want, and if you want to edit my stuff on here you can. That lens has been good to me. I think the other photo didn't open because it's on a separate Flickr account I use to dump photos that's set to private.

Glad you like it :) I'm so impressed that came from film hah. Maybe I'll have to give film a go :D

I'll remove this later- I would do something closer like this, crop mid-forearm. Its a really beautiful image, what a nice lens!

The other one I couldn't open, but I'd make it a vertical with only half-ish of that pole showing. Just to really bring the focus in.

I like Bossy's cropped version....she is a very beautiful woman, but in the original shot, that doggone diagonal branch in the background is really "fighting for attention". I think the camera angle is superb for her...it features her big eyes and full lips, and she looks quite angelic...the problem for me is that the pose seems not quite right for the location...I've seen that pose in photos made as far back as the 1870's, and it looks simply wonderful on a setee, bed, or in a more "soft" setting...color and processing does look good...the mood of her and the pose is good, but again, that doggone limb crossing the bright backdrop hurts the photo somewhat.

I like Bossy's cropped version....she is a very beautiful woman, but in the original shot, that doggone diagonal branch in the background is really "fighting for attention". I think the camera angle is superb for her...it features her big eyes and full lips, and she looks quite angelic...the problem for me is that the pose seems not quite right for the location...I've seen that pose in photos made as far back as the 1870's, and it looks simply wonderful on a setee, bed, or in a more "soft" setting...color and processing does look good...the mood of her and the pose is good, but again, that doggone limb crossing the bright backdrop hurts the photo somewhat.

I don't know much about the history of photography and common poses, so I'll have to take your word for that. The tree is distracting, and I like Bossy's crop as well.

Most reactions

Back