Amateur at everything seeks friends, advice. GSOH, slightly flaky, <3s concrit.

LexxFalcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wait, no, hang on, that's a dating forum subject header... or is it? Never been on one, I must admit. ;D

Hopefully it got the point across, though, or at least grabbed your attention. I'm Lexx - or Lex, I'm not fussy about my quantity of 'x's - and brand new here... brand new to 'real' photography, for that matter. I got a Nikon D3200 for my 25th birthday last Sunday and have only the vaguest of ideas how to use the thing. Which, I suppose, neatly explains why I'm here! Let me just say now that constructive criticism and friendly advice on any pictures I might post will be received more than gratefully.

Outside of frowning in eager confusion at my shiny new camera, I'm a bit of a writer (nothing published; maybe someday) and like to doodle around in Photoshop (I feel my subscription to their Creative Suite is really going to come into its own now, though - I get Lightroom, too, which looks a] terrifying and b] incredibly useful, if I can ever figure out how to work it). I spend my working day as a communications exec, which is not quite as fancy as my job title sounds but I love it nevertheless. Graduated uni last year having done English Language & Linguistics a bit belatedly, and pretty much fell into a career which is sort of turning out to be awesome. Yay.

Personal life: engaged to a rather fabulous law student, which leads to a lot of late nights offering soothing cups of fruit tea to quell the whimpers of "I can't remember the case names!" - that might just be because it's exam season at the time of writing, though; I've forgotten what ordinary life felt like. (Said law student is amazing, very intelligent, and won't mind me teasing a bit. ;D) We're hoping to buy a house together at some point soon, ideally a fixer-upper so we can add some value on and I get to flex my under-used DIY muscles. I live in the north-east of England, somewhere in the general region of the Durham/Newcastle/Sunderland sort of triangle; have done all my life, but for anyone who recognises the latter two names, I'd like to add I am most definitely neither a Geordie nor a Maccem. ;P

I'm hoping to pick up some pro tips and some constructive crit to improve my photos here, maybe make some friends, and just enjoy the journey of getting to know my new camera. I don't bite unless asked nicely, I talk too much, and I love meeting new people. Say hi.

Um... please?

Welcome Lexx, I am new to this forum as well but so far looks like there is a good amount of info to read.

GL with the camera, the more you get out and sheet the better you will become, or at least thats the idea.

Anyways welcome to the forum, and GL with the Camera, enjoy working on the fixer up house once you get it.

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum Lexx!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back