amateur guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
... it happens all the time. a guest takes photos at a wedding. they are now professionals and post it on their photography business facebook page. wouldn't bother me, if the guests can find their photos then they should be able to find yours and see the obvious difference. and if there is no difference, then the natural course of events should go just as they should.

Looks for a point, but misses it... So I'll just stand here looking lost till more posts come along to enlighten me...

Looks for a point, but misses it... So I'll just stand here looking lost till more posts come along to enlighten me...

:scratch::scratch::scratch: ... and me

I have no idea what the Op is trying to get across. Is it that if a professional wedding photographer produces the same quality as an amateur that posts photos on facebook and is now a professional that the professional wedding photographer is only as good as the amateur professional? I think that clears it up...

ha - it was a point i wanted to convey but the thread got closed. take that admins! j/k.

hey, what happened to the ice cream. you trying to add to the confusion here!?

what are they gonna do - close THIS thread??

This post is a resurrection of the one that was locked yesterday, in which a significant other of a photographer was trying to make wedding guests feel terrible for posting shots from a wedding that, I believe HIS girlfriend was the "official photographer" for. Something like that...some drama queen trying to stir up chit and protect the so-called "business" of a S-O, by trying to control the behavior of 100 other people who took some snaps at a wedding. Yet another case of a friend of a newly-minted "professional" stirring things up and acting like a douche.

the thread never had the chance to reach the resolution of 'agree to disagree' imo.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the topic but I guess it doesn't matter, so anyways I do find it annoying when some guest follow you around with their cameras and shoot over shoulder and sometimes over it. I once heard a guest say could the photographer move out the way I'm trying to take this picture as they were following me:er:

Buckster,
I know yesterday seems like a world away...but dude...you were in the thick of this thread for a bit!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-shop-talk/284523-wedding-guest-photographers-etiquette-help.html
Yeah, I had a feeling... I guess I was just hoping OP had something new, rather than trying to circumvent the admins who'd already locked down that conversation, which seems like a rather bad idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back