CowboysDaughter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ranch-kiddo.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi ya'll! :D
I'm a young amateur photographer; I got my first digital camera when I was 10. It was a Canon A85. It is very outdated now, but has served me well for several years. However now it is starting to go out on me (it has been used and abused) and I recently purchased the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18. I have had it about a week now, and it is much more advanced than my previous Canon (which almost never left AUTO mode and had a mere 4x zoom). However, I have completely fallen in love with it. I know it isn't known for it's superb image quality, but thus far I have been very, very pleased with it, and am really enjoying the quality pictures I get. :boogie: I was hoping for some critique on a few of the pictures I have taken with it. As I said, I am only an amateur photographer, so constructive advice is certainly welcome! (But so are comments and praise, LOL.)
**(Most of the pictures were taken on Aperture mode, some on Picture mode, no flash, no tripod.)

68-908-060c.jpg

68-908-068c.jpg

Nature---FZ18-002.jpg

61608-059.jpg

You might want to make them a bit smaller. The usual recommendation here is no more than 800px on the longest side.

I think they're WAY too small now. Can't see any detail. :( (increase by about 150% of this and you're perfect!)

Anyway, crits, nope none. The three top ones are all good shots! They all might need a bit of processing though. Bring out some of the finer features and details in them.

#4 just looks like a snap of a dandelion. There's not enough BG blur or other things to frame it, set a mood, or increase viewer interest.

Good work! Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back