Amateur on board

Jennp10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello my name is Jenn.

I recently lost my job and I am looking to make a few bucks and possibly reinvent myself. My background is in Accounting and my position was eliminated. They only need three not four. I enjoy taking photos with my LG V10 phone and I have a Nikon digital that I inherited from my Mom who passed. I have some really nice photos that I have gotten outside complements on and thought after my misfortune maybe I could sell some.

I have looked at Shutterstock and Royaltyfree123.com. They are asking for a photo of my License and I am a little unease by just giving it. Can anyone give these a good recommendation? Perhaps any other referrals or tips? Cheap or free photo seminars to help grow? I have my library for the literature. Remember No job no extra cash. I would like to start off like I said making a few bucks. I know I wont get hand over fist increments, but you have to start somewhere, right? I would love to also find a site I can upload a picture and tell a story behind it. If someone wants to buy a print they can .

If anyone could help guide me I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Welcome aboard.

I guess you could start by posting a couple of what you feel are your best photos, and see what the crowd has to say. There are a number of business-related items that others with better knowledge will surely bring up.

If anyone could help guide me I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi, and welcome!

I'm not the best one to help you, but I might be able to get you started re-thinking your approach.

From what I've seen on here over the years is that stock photo sites are not the best choice for trying to earn some money. You might sell something once in a while, but you will get very little money for it.

Instead; why not create your own website? Small cash outlay, but you will own it. You can display your portfolio in small sizes and offer prints sent directly to a customer's home. The small size is so you don't constantly get ripped off. If they pay, then you can order a print of whatever size they want, and it will look very good.

Now as I said, I'm certainly not the one to guide you through the process, but there are some folks on here who actually know how to do it.

Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back