Amateur Photographer in need of guidance on Lenses

I have the 18-55 that came with the camera and it seems really nice its just really limiting on the Zoom. With regards to did I use the 300mm. Not all the time but I have used it yes. I saw some reasonable one that go up to 200mm do you think this will be good or should i just wait and get the 28-300mm. I dont want to comprimise image quality to much.

So confused as what to do lol
I would not expect the 28-300 to be of the same quality of the kit lens. For all of the bad rap the kit gets, it's actually a pretty amazingly decent lens. I'd go with the 55-200 VR mentioned. Between the two lenses you would have coverage from even wider to the equivalent of about 280mm with pretty decent quality

none of Canon's DSLRs do either.

However, all Canon DSLRs, entry level to professional grade autofocus with all of Canon's lenses since 1987 with the exception of TS lenses.

Well, 75% correct... NONE of the Canon EF-S lenses work on the Original Digital Rebel bodies NOR do they work on the D30, nor on the D60, nor on the 10D. And NONE of the Canon EF-S lenses work on the 1.3x 1D series digital bodies, NOR do they work on the full-frame 1Ds-series digital SLRs, NOR do any of the Canon EF-S lenses work on any of the three 5-D series bodies...and of course, the Canon EF-S lenses don't work on the Canon EOS film bodies...

So, no...your statement is actually quite wrong and quite, quite incomplete...

Seems like a pretty MAJOR blunder, to forget the entire Canon EF-S lens line...oh wait...it was an overarching, fanboy, rah-rah Canon! post...

none of Canon's DSLRs do either.

However, all Canon DSLRs, entry level to professional grade autofocus with all of Canon's lenses since 1987 with the exception of TS lenses.

Well, 75% correct... NONE of the Canon EF-S lenses work on the Original Digital Rebel bodies NOR do they work on the D30, nor on the D60, nor on the 10D. And NONE of the Canon EF-S lenses work on the 1.3x 1D series digital bodies, NOR do they work on the full-frame 1Ds-series digital SLRs, NOR do any of the Canon EF-S lenses work on any of the three 5-D series bodies...and of course, the Canon EF-S lenses don't work on the Canon EOS film bodies...

So, no...your statement is actually quite wrong and quite, quite incomplete...

Seems like a pretty MAJOR blunder, to forget the entire Canon EF-S lens line...oh wait...it was an overarching, fanboy, rah-rah Canon! post...

Derrel, you can give up trying to goad tyler now, remember... he flounced.

I hate to let a MAJOR, major factual error go uncorrected. Yes, he left, but he said he'd be back...and he's probably checking these pages today. YOU happened to have "LIKED" his error-filled post...did you too forget that Canon's EF-S lenses are basically USELESS on all but the VERY-newest 1.6x Canon bodies, and will not only not autofocus, but will not even FUNCTION on the 1.3x and FF and the older 1.6x Canon bodies??? I mean, why did you give a "Like" to a technically inaccurate, fanboyish statement, MLeek???

Compare Canon's EF-S debacle with the way NIKON's "DX" series of lenses will actually MOUNT, autofocus, meter, and shoot when mounted ONTO FX bodies, and will automatically set the camera to DX-capture format...OR, how with some DX Nikkor lenses, in some cases, their image circle will fill "amost" the entire FX frame, and will fill the 4:5 aspect frame of the D3 and D4s series bodies at all but their most extreme wide-angle settings...

When a Canon user buys an EF-S lens, that lens is USELESS on ANYTHING except the very-newest models of APS-C Canons...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back