(Amateur poll) Do you print your images? Do you have you prints made?

(Amateur poll) Do you print?

• Yes, on a regular basis.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No, not on a regular basis.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

ak_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My main objective with photography as a hobby is to edit down a day's photography to around a half dozen pictures which I then get 10x8s made at the local (Fuji Frontier) print shop.

This is what gives me the satisfaction rather than putting images on Flickr etc/the web.

I'm interested to know how many other amateurs regularly get prints made or print for themselves (and it's a fundamental aspect of the hobby for them).

It's always on my to do list, and it rarely gets checked off. I am literally YEARS behind on printing. I started playing catch up, and put in a huge order. UPS lost half my order and the other half arrived looking like it for run over by a truck..... It was disheartening and I haven't repeated the order as of yet.

It's always on my to do list, and it rarely gets checked off. I am literally YEARS behind on printing. I started playing catch up, and put in a huge order. UPS lost half my order and the other half arrived looking like it for run over by a truck..... It was disheartening and I haven't repeated the order as of yet.

Oh dear that's not good. Is there a local drug store lab you could use? I relate to the catch-up problem and I started afresh recently - new pictures (although I do pick a couple from the past to add in with the current ones).

Oh dear that's not good. Is there a local drug store lab you could use? I relate to the catch-up problem and I started afresh recently - new pictures (although I do pick a couple from the past to add in with the current ones).
Local! Haha. Don't I wish!. The nearest grocery store is 30 minutes down the mountain. Nearest photo printer is an hour away. I'd really like to invest in a photo printer, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.

Local! Haha. Don't I wish!. The nearest grocery store is 30 minutes down the mountain. Nearest photo printer is an hour away. I'd really like to invest in a photo printer, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.

:) Oh well.

I really enjoy editing and printing right at my own desk. I do allow MPix to handle larger sizes. They do a nice job for a reasonable rate. A nice print is the reason I take pictures!

I have a cheap Canon 4-in-1 (out of which I've only ever used it as a 3-in-1.. seriously, who sends faxes nowadays?).

I print select ones every now and then. Post them on the wall or in an album.

Reactions: ak_
Karen and I both have laptops that are on most of the time and screensavers that cycle through the PICTURES folder so we rarely print any of those. My sisters and our friends all have computers so they may print but not often. I do some publicity shots for a Canine Training Facility we work with and those mostly go on Facebook or the website so a few are printed for the wall at the training center.
Business photos go to the client with copies to archive so no prints there either.
Any hard copies I need are done on the Epson in the office.

Thanks for the responses!

If I can accumulate something worth of printing, then I certainly would!

It would not be on MY printer, tho- very poor quality photo printer at my house.

If I can accumulate something worth of printing, then I certainly would!

It would not be on MY printer, tho- very poor quality photo printer at my house.

Sometimes I print out little 'index' previews of a few pictures on my desk printer, just to step away from the monitor screen and consider them as a set.

I own an Epson 3880 printer and print my images.
I was not ever really happy with the results when I sent my images out to several labs.
I enjoy the process and am happier with the results as well.

Bump, and i'm pleased the ratio of printers to non printers is as high as it appears so far.

Yes, I print. I use iPhoto and an HP printer. I scan and print my B&W negatives, but am slowly getting the darkroom equipment together so as to be able to make wet prints of these. My Polaroids take care of themselves!

Reactions: ak_

Most reactions

Back