TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethpagewalker.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

My client wants the print below turned into a canvas print... It's not a particularly great image/might not even be sharp enough to turn into canvas, and she wanted the blurring in the background done in photoshop in post.

What would the best settings on Photoshop to make it suitable for a canvas? She doesn't want to pay for me to turn into a canvas also, she wants to do it herself... she's a returning client who will probably use me in the future so I don't want to just refuse to put it in the right format..

Thanks guys,
Page

Pam2-2.jpg

I'd put it on metal.

it is yellow greenish tint in hair and some odd magenta coloration, probably the result of the overhead fluorescents.
I would fix the hair color and face color separately.
Then crop to 4 x 5.
If she expects canvas to wrap around edges with picture, you will have to add some on left and right.
Canvas is very forgiving of resolution bu, imo, this one is really too much of a mess for any print.

Sorry.

All of the above.

It's probably best to ask the print lab that you're going to use. They will know the settings better than anyone because they set it. Different lab will have different recommendations for you.

it is yellow greenish tint in hair and some odd magenta coloration, probably the result of the overhead fluorescents.
I would fix the hair color and face color separately.
Then crop to 4 x 5.
If she expects canvas to wrap around edges with picture, you will have to add some on left and right.
Canvas is very forgiving of resolution bu, imo, this one is really too much of a mess for any print.

Sorry.
Yeah. It's definitely too much of a mess.. but she wants this one in a 24 x 24! Wtf.. Ugh.

I might be opening a can of worms here, but...how exactly did the "client" ever even SEE this photo to decide she wanted a canvas print of it?

My clients only ever see those photos that have made it past MY standards filter.

I might be opening a can of worms here, but...how exactly did the "client" ever even SEE this photo to decide she wanted a canvas print of it?

My clients only ever see those photos that have made it past MY standards filter.

She wanted a full unedited set of the photos I took that day.

She wanted a full unedited set of the photos I took that day.

Now you just opened another whole new can of worm! LOL :D

Lol; perhaps, perhaps. She was actually very happy with her photos. She mentioned she wasn't going to use them for anything other than social media so she didn't need anything that special. Argh. I'm just gonna try to offer her a re-shoot with her and her dogs..

She was actually very happy with her photos.

That's all you need to know.

Yeah. I mean, she loves the very "colorful" style I do for her photographs. She prefers them a little more of a magenta tint. Makes my job easier ^_^ But perhaps I slacked off a bit on her shoot. I have one of these photos that lucky looks about the same except it's in focus.. So perhaps she'd be interested in that one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back