Amateur shooting a wedding

Im sort of replying to my own previous post,...got a bit carried away on auto focus instead of offering helpful information,..my inconsideration by not reading the other posts first,..my apologies.

I wanted to contribut a few thins I learned and did at weddings.

First thing I did at every wedding is help out everyone I could and put them at ease as soon as I could.
I always carried certain essentials with me that many times saved theday,......example,...sewing kit with white thread,...mints,...safety pins (yes safety pins save more disasters than you know),..extra boutineer pins,...spare aa batteries (not for me,...for family members if thier cameras died) small price for good PR),..white chalk,..yes chalk will quickly cover a skuffed white shoe or bridal dress skuff mark),..a hair brush, comb and small hand mirror, saves the day when doing remote outdoor portraits,..spare shoe laces, bobby pins is a biggy,...awhen a bride can't find her bobby pins,..a photographer has big problems,...make sure you have black, brown and white ones) Spare hankerchief for sobbing mothers, brides or even dads,..Ive seen that many times.
Are these things the normally thought of items to carry to a wedding NO,.....but take it from me,..I was remembered at the end of the day as to solving some rather trivial disasters with thes items that easily fit into your camera bag.
The entire cooperation of a wedding party or family can hinge on being helpful at anytime during the wedding day, These small trivial items if not available at the critical times and places can result in upset brides, brides maids, ushers, family members and the entire time frame of scheduled events during the wedding day.

These small items have NOTHING to do with photography,....but they sure have a lot to do with the unexpected during he day,...ESPECIALLY everything prior to the ceremony....and the cost is minute,...immaterial,..but the recognition from people who are nervious or tense is immesurable.
Theres more,...bot I just wanted to start with these suggestions that are never thought of by photographers.

Watch where the wedding day gets bottlenecked,..or family or bride needs something,..carry these small items and you'll be circumventing little nuesances that can become big problems,.......and the BIG REWARD,....happy faces,....and great bridal expressions in all your photos.
Thanks for listening.
Martys

Hello Primoz ,

You did a fantaastic job for your first shoot.
Really enjoyed your seeing and follow thru.
You have a sensitive eye for capturing the mood and feeling.
I love the way you handled that place settings at the tables,...vey nicely done.
I would say your looking at a good future in wedding photography,....or any other photography that inspires you.
Congrats and keep up the great work.
Martys

Do not be shy about giving direction. Be assertive, but polite. Tell people where you want them to stand, how to stand, where to look, everything. If you see something is going wrong with the composition, step up and make the changes. I think everyone will cooperate with you as there is no other photographer.

Most reactions

Back