Amazon purchase....

jennyjen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im looking into buying something off amazon. But im worried that the product that i might be buying may not work. If all the specs match up i dont think i should have anything to worry about right? Does anyone have any bad stories dealing with amazon? Any information would help out alot! Thank you
Smile.gif

I just got my t2i from amazon. No complaints.

Other sellers use the amazon website though, and you may be buying from them, so watch out for that.

i ordered almost everything i own to date from them regarding my photography, and tons of books before then.

just look under the price next to the picture of the item, and you should see something like:

Ships from and sold by ...

if you see Amazon.com or XXX fulfilled by Amazon.com you're 100% safe. you're also 100% when dealing with the bigger named companies. adorama sells a lot of stuff through amazon for instance. you can change which seller you're buying from (if available) by looking just above the product title in the center column. in the blue area there will be a link that says either see more buying choices, or to the effect of:

Note: This item is only available from third-party sellers (see all offers)

you can get an idea from that page whether a seller is reputable or not (and even read customer reviews for that seller sort of like ebay).

Even if the 3rd party seller results with problems I belive (since I've never had a problem) that Amazon will help to resolve the issue if you cannot resolve it yourself with the dealer. At least its in Amazon's best interest to have reliable and safe dealers on its site.
Pay through paypal and you also get some purchase protection stuffs as well or through a credit card (as opposed to debit where protections are a little less).

As said though Amazon is a great place - just check out the ratings on 3rd party dealers and you should be fine - also don't just look at the rating, but read through the coments (esp the negative ones) to get an idea what problems are. Sometimes you can note when a seller might be a slower poster than others or that the problems are not directly linked to them (eg they sell a known faulty product that they don't make and complaints relait to the product not the company)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back