Amber on 4x5

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Started working on a new set using the 4x5 and figured I would share and see what you all think.

My picks to include are currently these three:

Some of the others:

And just because we were out shooting already, a couple normal photos:

Compositionally I like the last one best but wish the face was a bit brighter. I do like her expression and pose.

Compositionally I like the last one best but wish the face was a bit brighter. I do like her expression and pose.

I tried pushing the exposure in post and for some reason it just wasn't wanting to look right so I tried to find a happy medium. It is a little dark for me too

I like #1 the most. I like the perspective, depth, and mood.

2 & 3 for me ... There's a faceless sort of anonymity I like ... I would have to say 3 wins by a nose on composition.

Most recent shot:

She will be out of town for a month or so, so this will be on pause for a little bit

I like the second to last also. So how'd you get her up in that tree in number two?

I like the second to last also. So how'd you get her up in that tree in number two?

she had a folding chair and cooler in the back of her car so we set it up on the back side of the tree and she crawled up haha. Totally her idea

Fun stuff! #s 3 and 4 do it for me. As kdthomas noted, the anonymity of the blurry face is very appealing. These are nicely composed. This is a format that makes me happy!

Fun stuff! #s 3 and 4 do it for me. As kdthomas noted, the anonymity of the blurry face is very appealing. These are nicely composed. This is a format that makes me happy!

Thank you sir!

So far it has become my favorite format. I feel like I was searching for it all this time and now I have finally found it. Probably cheesy sounding but oh well.

Thank you sir!
You are welcome! But...I'm a girl. :lol:

And I understand perfectly what you're saying about feeling like you were searching and now you've found a favorite format. When something speaks to you, especially artistically, it speaks to you. Period. Keep shooting and having a blast!

Thank you sir!
You are welcome! But...I'm a girl. :lol:

And I understand perfectly what you're saying about feeling like you were searching and now you've found a favorite format. When something speaks to you, especially artistically, it speaks to you. Period. Keep shooting and having a blast!

OH NO! im so sorry.

Ma'am!

Most reactions

Back