American Bald Eagle

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my best efforts so far.. Three Juveniles live about 30 minutes drive from our home, and after many hours of waiting in a graveyard, I finally captured some decent flight shots, late this afternoon... such incredible luck.

Actually, Daisy and I were on our way home from the American Consulate Generals office, as she has just picked up her US Visa, for travel in the USA., i thought we should stop by to see if these eagles were going to have a late PM cruise.. and WOW, just as i got ready, here they are!...

1 shot through a ton of branches...
DSC_9469editsml2.jpg

2 up they went, 2 of them circling above me...
DSC_9491editsml.jpg

DSC_9486editsml.jpg

4 the sky was mixed sun/cloud, so I had different bg's to choose from
DSC_9500edit2.jpg

5 they both gave me a good lookin over, and treated me with some nice chances.
DSC_9503editsml.jpg

Almost as thrilling as the whale shots off the Cape, a few years ago., and a real dream come true for me.. Daisy watched the whole thing from the truck, while feeding Maria.

holy moly Ray...these are fantastic! the lighting and your focus was dead on man! i honestly don't see how you do it! thanks for posting these!

AirVenture said:
Good to see young bald eagles out there! Good news! Beautiful shots by the way, they're not easy to capture!

-Brett :)

thanks Brett.. I just saw eagle point on a yahoo map, and it's only 11 hrs drive from here! We just might trek out this place, as Daisy just recieved her US Visa.

Wow these are truely amazing Ray (as always).

Almost as thrilling as the whale shots off the Cape, a few years ago., and a real dream come true for me.. Daisy watched the whole thing from the truck, while feeding Maria.

And how lucky to take one of the great moments in life and to share it with the ones you love. :sexywink:

CONGRATS AND GREAT JOB!!!!

Wow, these are amazing! The focus is flawless in all of these, really amazing. I am glad that you got a chance like this, and can only hope more come your way!

Viajero said:
Wow, these are amazing! The focus is flawless in all of these, really amazing. I am glad that you got a chance like this, and can only hope more come your way!

Funny you should say that, i will be waking up Daisy, and heading for Iowa in a few hours... I know, I am nuts!

Impressive shots :thumbup: .. and what a majestic looking creature

Raymond J Barlow said:
Funny you should say that, i will be waking up Daisy, and heading for Iowa in a few hours... I know, I am nuts!
Sheesh, that is so awesome. To tell you the truth, I am rather jealous! Please, post whatever shots you get on this upcoming expedition! Anything you are looking to get in particular?

awesome shots ray, i love the way the sunlight hits these birds in each shot... :thumbup:

hey raymond, good news/bad news....iowa is so not that far from us...

i can make it in 7 hrs.....( that scares ya, huh???)

ya'll have fun, and becareful....wave at all our neighbors....

great pics... see why i use you as my "muse" for bird shots?? they are so easy for you....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back