American Goldfinch Taking a Drink...

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I added a small pond to my backyard "studio". Within minutes I got my first visitor! I still need to finish it and I'll post the whole setup when I get it done. I took a bunch of other birdie shots and I'll post that when I get done processing them.

Male American Goldfinch

goldfinch-1.jpg

goldfinch-drinking-1.jpg

5D, 300mm f/4L, 1.4x II

Nice work Mike. I find a dripper really makes the difference. They hear the sound come from all over. I once added a large pan under the edge of my bird bath to catch the overflow. The birds liked it too. The great thing about having a source of water is that you can get birds that never come to a feeder such as these:

4240399887_befe6a8e68_o.jpg

4241995044_4255d3992f_o.jpg

4242652492_7d789b0b06_o.jpg

4242801388_cabef71279_o.jpg

4243095070_63741fc702_o.jpg

4242906246_85c18a03b0_o.jpg

4242237421_5b5221bd47_o.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures. They were taken years ago with a Sony camcorder. It would be good to add a suet feeder if you haven't already done so. A lot of birds other than woodpeckers like suet. Of course they'll need to wash up after dining. ;)

These are some great shots mike. I'm planning to put up a makeshift studio this spring to get closer to some of our backyard birds. I love how natural looking your pond looks in those pictures...you'd never guess that it wasn't just straight nature from the pictures. Very inspiring set up and photos.

Nice work Mike. I find a dripper really makes the difference. They hear the sound come from all over. I once added a large pan under the edge of my bird bath to catch the overflow. The birds liked it too. The great thing about having a source of water is that you can get birds that never come to a feeder such as these:

4240399887_befe6a8e68_o.jpg

4241995044_4255d3992f_o.jpg

4242652492_7d789b0b06_o.jpg

4242801388_cabef71279_o.jpg

4243095070_63741fc702_o.jpg

4242906246_85c18a03b0_o.jpg

4242237421_5b5221bd47_o.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures. They were taken years ago with a Sony camcorder. It would be good to add a suet feeder if you haven't already done so. A lot of birds other than woodpeckers like suet. Of course they'll need to wash up after dining. ;)

I understand you're trying to show him some examples but you have almost 4 times as many pictures as he posted and very big sizes. The page kept moving around because the pictures were loading and all that.

Mike I always love your posts. You really have some awesome shots! I love seeing your setups and how you did it. Keep up that good work. I want a 300 prime now :D
TJ

These are some great shots mike. I'm planning to put up a makeshift studio this spring to get closer to some of our backyard birds. I love how natural looking your pond looks in those pictures...you'd never guess that it wasn't just straight nature from the pictures. Very inspiring set up and photos.

I think I'm finished with my pond. I found more rocks to line the pond and added a small waterfall. I'll post finished product when I'm happy with it.

I understand you're trying to show him some examples but you have almost 4 times as many pictures as he posted and very big sizes. The page kept moving around because the pictures were loading and all that.

Mike I always love your posts. You really have some awesome shots! I love seeing your setups and how you did it. Keep up that good work. I want a 300 prime now :D
TJ

I think it was rude for him to post those pictures to begin with. ;)

I think I'm finished with my pond. I found more rocks to line the pond and added a small waterfall. I'll post finished product when I'm happy with it.

TJ

I think it was rude for him to post those pictures to begin with. ;)

Glad i'm not the only one who was thinking that.

Sorry, no offense intended. I just got a liittle carried away showing the kinds of birds one only sees at a bird bath. I thought Mike would be interested.

I really like the first one and I think you were spotted in the second,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back