American Legacy ~ HDR

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Biltmore Estate here in Asheville, NC. I'm sure the processing on this one will spark some controversy ;)

5967757921_0a9e08ac71_b.jpg

Id prefer to see the vertical lines vertical instead of sloping in from the sides. The textures look good for as small image that is visible. Its hard to comment when image is so small though.

Love it. I think you've captured the Biltmore's imposing facade in an entirely new way. It's picture that actually says something.

Last edited:
Bynx, I did a lens corrected edit and ended up liking the distorted wide angle one more. It is the way the sky and building angles played together that gave it the higher appeal for my personal taste. I know it can be a deal breaker for some though. Here is a larger version on black in light box (Didn't realize the signatures where gone here where my flickr stream link once was):

American Legacy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks for taking the time to reply Fellas!

Im a fan of the distortion. Overall a cool image. Is the sky all PP or is there cloud movement making that effect?

The sky is partial PP and partial long exposure. I used a 10 stop filter to slow the exposure down to 30 seconds and then added more blur to push the effect. I'm glad you like it myshkin!

I am pretty sure I did not give you permission to take photos of my small winter vacation home. But since you did such an outstanding job with this I will let you slide. This time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back