Amidst the Mist: My Newest Photo

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another foggy morning in Bemidji, Minnesota. I hope someone enjoys this as much as I do:

7008602871_2f51912271_b.jpg

Great photo man... although i am wondering.. you were aiming to take this shot.. not sure why you cut the tree a little bit. It seems odd to me. It would look great in B&W too.

dont fram so tight.. let the subject breathe a little...

As others have said - ease off on the crop a bit, other wise not a bad image at all and I do like the conversion - how did you do it. I would also be curious to see how this image would look as a high contrast black and white. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

My intention was to have the branches touching (no branch was cut off) the edges of the frame to represent the confining feel of that heavy fog. I'll keep working at it. Thank you for the responses.

My intention was to have the branches touching (no branch was cut off) the edges of the frame to represent the confining feel of that heavy fog. I'll keep working at it. Thank you for the responses.

So did you crop it on the PP or did you crop it SOOC?

If someone wants to take the time, my photos are alright to edit. It'd be easy to include the "breathing-room" and convert it to grayscale. I'll take a look at doing that as well once I get back to my work puter. Great ideas but I'm still set firm with MY artistic expression of this scene.

Your thread has been moved tothe Landscape and Cityscape Gallery per the new description for the Beginner's Forum.

The Beginners forum is no longer a C&C or Gallery forum section.

If someone wants to take the time, my photos are alright to edit. It'd be easy to include the "breathing-room" and convert it to grayscale. I'll take a look at doing that as well once I get back to my work puter. Great ideas but I'm still set firm with MY artistic expression of this scene.

That is fine.. it is yours! But it leaves the viewer wondering is something was cut off.. which is not usually a positive thing. Why add any negativity when you don't have to? It takes just the tiniest bit...

two quickies... I do prefer your color treatment to B&W

7008602871_2f51912271_b.jpg

Added some contrast to try and bring it out.. muddy with the fog otherwise..
7008602871_2f51912271_bw.jpg

Most reactions

Back