Amsterdam Zoo

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the Amsterdam Zoo today, to help with a bird of prey demo. I took a dazzling 13 photo's there. It was an overcast day, so that didnt really help neither. Im gonna go back someday soon (if the weather is nice and stuff)
Anyways, here they are:
Artis001.jpg

Artis002.jpg

Artis003.jpg

Artis004.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Nice! The lion is my favorite. Your comment about the overcast was interesting. Myself, I prefer overcast, softer light for this type of shooting.

Three and four are my favorite. The like the composition for the third. Great work.

The composition on each of these is really good. I especially like the shots of the birds as one can't tell they are in captivity. You got great detail in the white feathers of the bird in #3, something I still struggle with. And the 'expression' on the lion's face really looks regal. Well done.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
Dinodan: Overcast isnt a bad thing, but it gets darker. So i lose a couple of stops, which doesnt really help when shooting with my 300mm (at F5.6)

Here is a cropped version of the lion:
Artis004a.jpg

The lion is definitely my favorite here. I prefer the uncropped version though.

thanks for the replies :)
And i like the cropped one myself too. Thanks for the suggestion. I always try to hold on to the normal crop, but sometimes that just doesnt work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back