amvona tripods help

Devananda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all I know there is a tripod thread going on, howerver I did't want to hijack it.

so I am looking a these tripods from amvona.com ebay store...
I have a ninkon d80 80-200 F2.8 sigma 180mm marco and 18-70mm
I will mosly (I think??) be using it for marco amd land scapes.
read some reviews and a lot of ppl seam to like these...

could some one give me some feedback about these pls.
and may be some advice on with one to get. would like a ball head/quick release. however don't really know much about them.

how about the carbon fiber legs....are they really better?
thanks
:thumbup:

Ive never heard of that brand but the tripods look pretty sturdy, might as well check em out cant really beat that price. A lot of people on here like Manfrotto and it is a good brand but other then one of their tripods they do tend to be on the expensive side.

HI,
My husband has an amvona tripod and likes it.
However we are not happy with the company. We just purchased 3 musliin backgrounds in the fall and not one looked like the picture in their catalog. They lacked detail completely. We sent them back immediately and they did not give us a refund. Finally after months of trying to get them on the phone, they promised to take care of it and for some odd reason they did not credit us the entire amount. We are still owed money. We have tried to get them on the phone many times. They do not return phone calls. Because of this, I do not recommend them. Their customer service stinks!

I was about to order from amvona, but then read reviews on resellerratings etc. A whole lot of people have had problems with the company.

I got one of their tripods off ebay. It was one of their 'pro' series, and I like it. It's on the heavy side, and it's not the best quality, but if you have everything tightened down, it's super sturdy. The ball head I got with it works pretty well, but their version of "dampening" is a sticky residue on the ball itself, which is ghetto as can be.

I got mine for $32 shipped with the flip-up quick releases on the legs, the legs themselves fold out all the way to near horizontal, the center post is reversable and it has a ball head with two adjustement knobs and a spirit level. It feels just as sturdy as my cousins manfrotto, just not anywhere near the build quality. For the price, I don't think they can be beat though. For a first tripod I can recommend it, I know for my next one I want an arca-swiss quick release and carbon fiber legs and it'll probably be a manfrotto, but atleast I'm only out $32.

Most reactions

Back