An afternoon in Forty Mile Creek

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Reminded me of my young days as a child catching minnows, and crawfish in Stoney Creek. Had a great time in here, and got my feet wet rescuing a young Canada Goose.. it got cought in an old fishing line, and I waded across the creek to un-tangle it.. Momma was not happy at first, but she got over it once her baby was free! hehehe

here we go.. sorry to 56 k!

vert00054DSC_8475.jpg

vert00065DSC_8650.jpg

vert00074DSC_8687.jpg

vert00058DSC_8570.jpg

vert00056DSC_8516.jpg

vert00057DSC_8551.jpg

vert00075DSC_8628.jpg

vert00059DSC_8583.jpg

Thanks for looking!

really great shots honey :thumbup: , i wish i was there with you,so i could take shots of ur rescue! i also like the pic of the rabbit!. ur really great :sexywink: i love dis pictures! u r awesome! lots of kisses for a great job :-*:-*:-* :heart: hugs for u too JonMikal! :hug:: :love:

lizheaemma said:
All really great, But I am totally in love with the second one!

So am I! So am I!

I tried to count them to see how much government benefits they would get for sooooo many kids, but then decided it must be a kindergarten class! They can't be all theirs! Just can't :).

I had a little (only three chicks!) duck family in front of my lens, but those photos were taken on film and therefore only come back next week. But I already fear that they can't compete with any of these...

I like the wabbit myself.
I really wish I had the opportunity to take shots like this round here. I'm looking at some threads people create and going a bit green. But then, if I had these sorts of surroundings I'd struggle to take shots like this. They're really good.

Are these sort of shots common for you? I mean, does the wildlife come out like this all the time or do they run away normally and you just got lucky?

Cooool! The second one is my fav. It's just so funny to see them swim in a line with the parents as leader and "rearguard". Great shots all of them.

Thanks Everyone! Thanks Liz, Daisy, LaFoto, mentos and deveel!! The second one is my fav as well.. It's straight off the camera, but I was gonna ask... should I have PS'ed the small bits in the water out?.. or left them in as I did? And thanks Tempra, I did some PS work on the fungus shot.. and I am happy with the result.

ferny said:
Are these sort of shots common for you? I mean, does the wildlife come out like this all the time or do they run away normally and you just got lucky?

Hi Ferny .. I have a calm nature about me, and I think animals sense this.. I had three different angles on this rabbit.. it would let me get too about 3 paces, and then bolt! But fortunately, it would only scoot about 5-8 yards, and I would have another shot at it! Also, this hiking trail is busy with people all year round, so the animals become relaxed as 99% of folks walking through this area are very respectful I am sure.

It was amazing.. deveel.. when I arrived here, a family was feeding some full grown geese, and when this group caught wind of what was going on, the momma lead the family to the feeding area in a fury!! and when they got to the area where the feeding was going on, she broke off and let the goslings move in.. it was quite a sight! I will post a few more in another thread, along with one of the baby goose tied up in the fishing line.

thanks again!

Well done Raymond. Looks like two families of goslings, sure are a lot of them. I am amazed you got so close to the rabbit. The fungus shot is pretty cool too.

Well done Raymond. I like the fungus the best. I sense LaFoto has rabbit envy. I have seen that rabbit elsewhere I am sure. Great Series. You even get kisses. Wow.

hehehe. Thanks Cruzin and Canoncan.. What do you guys think?? PS the leaves and debris in the water in #2, or leave it??

This was the first time I visited this rabit, but they all look the same around here.. Still looking for my first owl in the wild.. !! Some day maybe., and ya, my wonderful wife is always so sweet.. hence her id! i am so lucky!

Just got in from another hike down that same path.. gonna load them up now, and see what I caught!!

Great series, I love the second shot and the rabbit is just perfect, great stuff.

Canoncan said:
I sense LaFoto has rabbit envy. (...)You even get kisses. Wow.

Hang on! That wasn't me who said she loved the rabbit photo so, and it wasn't me who gave Raymond kisses from afar. That was Daisy, his wife! Mother-to-be of his child. From Philippines.

I thought I better clarify that....!!!!
3.gif

Most reactions

Back