An Analog Guy in a Digital World...What's YOUR Plan, Dude?

BTDT !!
Why I got a DSLR in the first place and it (of course) led me right back into an old, long forgotten hobby. I too just pulled my old film camera, a Canon A-1 and I too was surprised that young Dubious bought some pretty good glass back then! I cured the 'A-series squeak right off then did a little cleaning, other than the foam in my old bag had gone crummy, the camera and lenses were fine. Can't wait to shoot it!

My plan is to just shoot more. My only digital camera is a point & shoot, and I'd hate it even if it were a film camera, because point & shoot sucks - but it's all I've had time for. That's gotta STOP! :lol:

I recently pulled out my camera backpack and marveled over my now little-used Pentax MZ-S. Dang, it's a sweet 35mm and I bought great lenses for it. Pentax glass is excellent! But I shoved it aside when I bought my *new to me* Mamiya 645 1000S, which hasn't seen a lot of activity, either, lately.

As long as I enjoy darkroom work, alternative photographic techniques, etc., my plan is to continue the exact same way I have been - just make time for more of it. Why would I change what works for me and is wondrously exciting, challenging, and fills the creative void completely? Answer: I wouldn't. :mrgreen:

Shoot more film! I also think that I'll be getting into collecting old, fun, cheap cameras. Which is great for me, b'cause I can't afford the top of the line new stuff! :lol: Even with the costs involved in shooting film, it's still cheaper than the lenses and cameras that cost a few thousand each. Which is what I would buy, if I was rich! True, if I really wanted to, I could probably manage to shoot film and also save up for some expensive digital equipment. But I'm an old fogey, I enjoy shooting film more than digital. So shoot me. ;)

Lee

Canon A's are supposed to squeak !!!

That they do. Probably one of the WORST cameras for incognito photography for that exact reason. :lol: Not too shabby for not-so-incognito photography though.

I have already shot about 20 feet of film since the new year but want to shoot a minimum of 1 roll every week through the winter and summer that will go up to 3 minimum a week, i also want a Leica MP to go with my M4P and M4-2

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

That's a great goal that I hope to match, Gary. The one issue here is the severe cold we've had for the past week-film fogs VERY fast, and delicate shutter mechanisms become even more delicate.

20 feet of film sounds like quite a lot-roughly how many rolls does that translate to?

Its only about 4 rolls weather here has been wet and windy only chance i get to shoot is at the weekend if the weather is not too bad

Oh, well then. Guess I had no idea how long a roll really is. :lol: When I get my negatives back, they're cut up, so I never see it in one long roll.

Oh, well then. Guess I had no idea how long a roll really is. :lol: When I get my negatives back, they're cut up, so I never see it in one long roll.

So far i have 300 feet bulk 35 mm 10 rolls APX100 and 5 rolls of 120 FP4

It's not really a plan, but I'd like to shoot a little more slide film this year. I normally only shoot one or two rolls of positive a year, so perhaps I'll try and up this to ten rolls or so.

Oh, and I want to make more use of my tri- and monopods.

Most reactions

Back