An aspiring photographer looking to improve

shutterbugmomma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!! I am Jayna. I am married and a stay at home mom to four beautiful children (who tend to be the primary subject of my photography at the moment.) We just recently relocated to the Houston area. I am a beginner/intermediate photographer and I am looking for constructive criticism of my work. I have gotten a little frustrated with my work because it just isn't as good as I want it to be, but I cannot figure out how to improve it. I have an entry level DSLR and have been told by a few others that it is the restrictions of my camera, but I don't know that I believe that. I tend to believe that a fantastic photographer can create fantastic photography no matter what camera they use. Anyway, I look forward to reading posts and getting some feedback on my own work.

welcome5_smilie.gif

Welcome aboard Jayna.

I have an entry level DSLR and have been told by a few others that it is the restrictions of my camera, but I don't know that I believe that. I tend to believe that a fantastic photographer can create fantastic photography no matter what camera they use.
You have good instincts.

The best way to improve your photography, is to improve the photographer. Invest in yourself and learn something new as often as possible. Take a class, read a few book, read websites and participate in forums like this (if you can find the time, with 4 kids :lol: )

After that, upgrading your lens(s) will probably be a better investment than upgrading the camera.

Welcome to the group.
I kind of doubt it's the restrictions of your camera, you can shoot great images with any entry level DSLR. It is just a little bit of education and growth you need.
It's hard to tell you what it is you need without seeing images and discussing what you feel you are missing or what the problem is, so post away! We'll help.
To get the best help we need to hear from you what you feel is wrong with the image-your own critique. We also need to see your settings on the image to tell what may be the problem.

Thank you. I posted some pics ( I am scared!!) in the beginners forum.

Most reactions

Back