wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DS2_0605DT.jpg

Took this on my anniversery back in May....
Tell me how I can improve.
(I allready cropped the pic)
I only have a point and shoot 1.3 MP camera. (that i got for 35 bucks at walmart)
My questions are more on compisiton than what I can do technically as I have neither fancy equipment nor the money to buy it :(

It's a bit washed out & noisey...but that's what you get for 35 bucks :lol:

As far as composition, It's not grabbing my attention. You have half a window, part of a fire place and a section of stove pipe. None of which are helping the photo, IMO. It does create a setting but I don't feel that having your wife stand next to thses things makes for a great composition. Also, her pose looks awkward...it's not posed enought to look portrait but too posed to look candid...does that make sense?

You have a willing model and a camera so keep shooting.

Here is a link to the uncropped original.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/wolfepak/ds2_0605.jpg
(don't wanna post it....to big kinda annoying to us dialup users)

I shot a few pics on that vacation, but most of them are a bit to ...... personal to post! (And I really like how some of those tuned out.....)

As far as the wash out, I plan to eventually get a new camera (gonna try and swing taht with the tax refund....... gotta convince taht willing subject though!!!!)

She's a pretty lady (happy anniversary!) but I agree that it's way washed out and the big black thing in the foreground draws your eye much more just because it's so densly black.
Take some more picts of her and try to set it up with a kinda plain background. I'm sure she would love posing for her hubby:hug2:

Thanks for the tips!

btw I used to live in Arlington...... (go rangers!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back