An Attempted Sunset

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I looked up at the clouds and figured today we would have a sunset worthy of a trip with the camera. I am sure we did. Just not where I was at. I dont know how many times I have shown up at this place only to find it filled with thick clouds. Today they were just starting to roll in and happened to cover the amazing colors in the sky. Oh well. This is what I came up with..

DSC_2329.jpg

DSC_2416.jpg

DSC_2452.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Well, I still like your colours here, subtle as they are.
My favourite is the first. I like the shoreline sort of snaking through your frame. If this had been mine, I'd cropped in a little from the right to get rid of that one black object there, and to get back to the proper print sizes a bit in from above (there is some only blue part of the sky which is not quite so important to the overall frame, I think) ... that would move the horizon up a bit and voilà! that would have been my frame ;)... only am I nowhere near that place there! Ever ... neither in good nor in bad sunset times. Hmph...

DSC_2329_2.jpg

How is that? I actually like this one quite a bit more than the first. For some reason I did not even notice the black thing on the side. I would say a piece of land, which I am sure it is, but I dont remember it being there. Hmm. Anyway, what do you think?

Oh, and thanks for the advice;)

Yes, I think that is it!
That represents my idea I was forming immediately when I saw this exactly. Now that vapour trail comes almost from the top left corner, the shoreline from the bottom right (just about) ... the horizon is a bit less centred and the rising fog becomes more prominent than with that black piece of land that dropped itself there the second you pushed the shutter release ;) ;) ;).

It reminds me of this picture my mom had when I was growing up. A christian picture. I believe it was the one where you can see the footprints along the sand. Which is why it was called 'Footprints', lol.

But yes....that darn piece of land dropped in while I took the shot. I swear it wasnt there. And I am still trying to figure out what it is. I might have to take a trip to get another look, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back