🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

An Autumn Day in Scotland (18 pics)

Mike350d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just thought I'd share some photos I took whilst out walking yesterday in Culzean Castle Estate in Ayrshire, Scotland. It was a gorgeous Autumn/Winter day, and a great opportunity to blow the dust of my camera.

Most of these are taken with my EF 50mm f1.8 and a few with my EF-S 10-22mm (new purchase). All are handheld so please forgive the fact that they are not razor sharp.

Criticism is much appreciated and only seen by me as a way to improve.

As you will see the theme of the day was mainly close-ups. My apologies if it's a bit pic heavy but I just didn't know when to stop ;)

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo03.jpg

photo04.jpg

photo05.jpg

photo06.jpg

photo07.jpg

photo08.jpg

photo09.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

13. (crop of no.12)
photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo15.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

Thanks for looking :wink:

Mike

Mike
Compositions here are excellent. Great work. If I had one comment to make it would be that some lack contrast - looks like the ones from the 50mm lens. Those shot with the 10-22 look great.

A tweak in photoshop's levels or curves would sort this out easily.

Cheers JD,

I think I see what you mean regarding the contrast now that I'm on a different PC - they looked a lot more colourful on my 'TrueLife' display at home. The photos from the 50mm lens were mostly taken in places where the light wasn't at it's best (under tree coverage etc.) so that probably didn't help much.

When it comes to PP I try hard not to overcook my photos, but on the otherhand it's quite easy to not cook them enough. I'll tweak them a bit in PS later on and repost a few of them.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back