An evening at the beach (7 images)

Moe Sizlack

Student
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a 70-200mm f/4L and couldn't be happier with it. It has exceeded all my expectations. If anybody is considering this lens pull the trigger and don't look back. Here are a couple of shots I took while the sun was setting. I would love to hear any thoughts, suggestions, or comments you may have or even just which one is your favorite.

1)
14921-IMG_3845.jpg

2)
14921-IMG_3768.jpg

3)
14921-IMG_3644.jpg

4)
14921-IMG_3469.jpg

5)
14921-IMG_3433.jpg

6)
14921-IMG_3403.jpg

7)
14921-IMG_3382.jpg

They are all awsome but If I choose my fav it will be 2 hhmmm no 4! no 3 .........I don't know ( all great ). Nice work

what lens is it? brand wise you just gave its specs. oh and moe is infact my hero...lol

Great shots, I particularly like #2, #3 & #7.

Craig, I like #4 and #6 the best...how close were you to the sandpipers in #1? Over at Pismo, I've been trying to get close enough to them to get a good shot, but I have less reach (18-135). :banghead:

Did you get any good shots in 'frisco?

I was 30-40 feet away(just guessing.) They are pretty skittish you just gotta go slow. I was pretty psyched about the pelicans in #6. I had been trying to get a good shot of some for a while, they were always just a little to far away.

Frisco was alright. the weather was pretty bad, and not the good kind of bad just kinda blahh. I got some okay stuff though. Here is a couple of shots. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=882016#post882016

I am going with number three as my fav. Awesome work!

Wow. Every one of these is awesome! :thumbup: Hard to pick a favorite but i'll go with #3 #5 and #7.

Great shots. :thumbup:

what lens is it? brand wise you just gave its specs.
You must not be a gear head...like most of us :D He did say 70-200 F4 L. L being a Canon designation.

From what I've heard, this is possibly the sharpest zoom lens avaliable and an all around great lens. The only downside is that it has a 'big brother' in the 70-200 F2.8. Both have IS versions as well.

From what I've heard, this is possibly the sharpest zoom lens avaliable and an all around great lens. The only downside is that it has a 'big brother' in the 70-200 F2.8. Both have IS versions as well.

Shhh! No it doesn't, if I don't acknowledge their existence I can't buy them. Do you know how long it took me to convince myself to spend more on a single lens then I did on my camera? Please don't tempt me, I have a sickness... LOL

Really nice shots. I love #2. That little wisp of a cloud is so cool.

Most reactions

Back