An HDR from yesterday.

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My father and I went fishing yesterday to one of our favorite places. There were tons of quaken aspen trees that had bright yellows leaves surrounded by pines. It was awesome. Here is an HDR that I did of my dad walking down the dirt road back to the truck. Comments always welcome! Thanks for looking:mrgreen:

HDR1_2_3_tonemapped3-1copy.jpg

Love it !!! The sky and trees are a very nice backdrop but your dad makes the pic IMO :)

Wouldn't it have looked as good as a single exposure? I don't see why there was reason to create an HDR for this one? The blue of the sky has taken up an unnatural intensity of blue here, I feel. Though it might also be caused by the complemetary yellow of the aspen leaves, but somehow ...

But it is a lovely scene as it is, no doubt!

I have to agree with lafoto here, I think that with the proper adjustments in PS and maybe a little saturation increases, it would look better. The sky and the mountains in the background make it a little bit out of place... if you know what i mean...

anyways, i still really like the picture!

I'm with NJMAN. I love the bold colors of the trees and think they contrast with the sky very well.

I think it works pretty good here. With one exposure a part of the pic would be dark (most likely the background). I like the fact that you can see where he is going now. Lovely colors in it too :)

Thanks everyone for all the comments! I can see where some would think that it is a bit overdone. I happen to like it when it's right on the edge. Although some times I end up crossing over the edge a little...Anyways, to each his own I guess. Thanks again for commenting! Keep 'em coming!

I really like the image just the way it is...makes me miss Colorado.:lovey: If you're at a high enough elevation, the sky actually *almost* looks like that! I think the mountains might be a little blue for my liking (instead of green!) but that's my only nitpick. Beautiful image and I think your dad definitely adds depth to it. Nice!

i agree with mike. maybe just barely desat the sky.
other than that, i dig it

Now that you all mention it, the mountain does look a little too blue. I'll have to try and desaturate it and see how it turns out. Thanks again for all the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back