An honest opinion needed

canvasideas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys last week I switched my old site to a new design, had friends say it looks brill etc... But I wanted feedback from the people its directed for.

I am a photographer & Framer who runs a photo to canvas service. I redesigned www.canvasideas.com with the thought of making it very simple to use.

Can you guys have a look, maybe if you get 5 mins tell me if its right where I should adjust etc... its purly feedback on the design, its not a business ploy.

Thank you

Russ

I clicked the link, and when it opened, I went "AHHHHHHHHH!".

It's rather "in your face".

"Hey"? "No siree"? "Couple of mins"?

Who's your target market.....12-year-olds?

Harsh.

I thought it was rather good. It's easy to read, there isn't too much info - it says what I want to know. I quite liked it.

Good start... BUT;
as mentioned, you really need to take a serious look at your verbiage and punctuation.
“We print your photos on to quality canvas”
“HEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT WE DO?”
“We can also do a few other cool things; you may want to take advantage of...” Are you talking about YOU or THEM? The sentence does not make sense.T
This makes the site sound very unprofessional.
Also, IMO, loose the stationary background. That is something you would normally find on a beginner’s “homepage”. Again, does not look professional and does not fit your
Otherwise, I like the look.

I agree with all the above - reminds me of pop up ads that you get on some sites.

The site is really nice but could use the rewording like others have stated. As far as the layout, I like it but the color scheme or something kinda makes me think popup ad. Not sure if that is just me though. I do like the site and you did a great job with it. Not sure what the "call us" thing in the red circle towards the top is. That doesn't look like any phone number I have ever seen before. I viewed the site on my phone so I didn't have a huge screen to check it out on but id say it could definitely use some rewording here and there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

..... Not sure what the "call us" thing in the red circle towards the top is. That doesn't look like any phone number I have ever seen before...........

It's a phone in England.

1, get rid of the image with selective coloring :D

The site looks ok aside from the above mentioned. Its a little...preschool with the puffy letters and clouds. But it also reminds me a lot of moo.com and they are plenty professional.

You ought to make a separate sister website for your framing biz, bunching them together on one site is confusing.

..... Not sure what the "call us" thing in the red circle towards the top is. That doesn't look like any phone number I have ever seen before...........

It's a phone in England.

Not only is it a phone in England, it's a mobile phone in England!

I am ok with it. Depends on what kind of crowd you are looking to attract. I think it can be toned a little different, a bit more "professional" like other's have mentioned. However I do like the simplicity it has now and that it feels approachable. I don't feel like this is going to be an expensive service just with my impression of how things are being presented. When a site looks too serious, it may imply that they do quality work but also charge "quality" prices.

That said, whatever you do, you should not down play the quality of your services.

The style of graphic reminds me of twitter. Big buttons with soft colours. I personally don't mind because if I look for canvas printing services, these won't be the things that will impress or bother me. It's the work flow/process, efficiency and price that I care about. So far so good.

heh. I've seen worse. It seems a little garish, but not bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back