An idea I had

Are you supposed to be having ideas when meditating?

Well done, technically. I think the smoke needs to be somewhere else. My first reaction was "why is Buddha smoking?!" and then I saw the incense.

First thought: "Buddha's been smokin' dope, and now he's burning incense to cover up the smell!"

I agree - it's a strong picture but the placement of the incense could be better. I think it makes the entire picture a little slanted, like it needs to be straightened. That was my first thought but then I looked closer and the head does seem to be straight, but still somehow the entire image looks a bit off-kilter.

I played around with the placement of the incense and this one was the only one of the batch I liked. I do agree that I could have placed it better, I'm just having difficulty figuring out where. Any recommendations?

I'd place it almost horizontally across the black area on the bottom, and have the smoke cover less of the fact.

incense? i thought Buddha was smoking a peace pipe.
its a cool shot though.

I'd try the stick out of the frame completely and just have the smoke curling up in front of the statue.

I think a looser frame might be in order, to give some space for the incense to be in. Give it some room to get established against the black/dark background before it curls up over the face. That's how *I* see it, anyways, but it's quite a different picture than yours.

You could move the incense and/or move yourself and try some different vantage points - depends on what perspective you want. Maybe it would work better if the incense isn't directly in front of the face so instead of the stick just the smoke curls up in front of it.

I'm going to re shoot this tonight for sh:sexywink:ts and giggles and see what I come up with.

Nice shot.

The sunsets and clouds on your Flickr are crazy..WOW!

I'm going to re shoot this tonight for sh:sexywink:ts and giggles and see what I come up with.

Was there a re-shoot? I agree that you're on to something with this, so other vantage points would be interesting to see.

Was there a re-shoot? I agree that you're on to something with this, so other vantage points would be interesting to see.

I didn't get the chance last night. I'll post something in the next couple of days...

While "meditating", huh?

The placement of the incense is suggestive of a very thin pipe, which goes right into the Budda's mouth. Kinda neat, IMO.

I think the camera position should be just slightly lower, so as to be at the point of gaze.

I like the general idea and layout, but agree that the incense stick should not be in front of the face. If you re-shoot, try just a little reflection to the off side of the face to complete the head shape better. And maybe cut the light just above the stick of incense.

Most reactions

Back