An Ignominious End for Poor Great Great Granddad

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Farmed out for decoration in the antique mall -- so sad.

kodak_graphic_zps3136a372.jpg

Been wandering the antique malls again. This was an unusual find today mixed in with the junk. (No I didn't rescue him).

Joe

Gah!! So pretty! :586: Just curious - did you check to see how much it would have been to rescue him?

Gah!! So pretty! :586: Just curious - did you check to see how much it would have been to rescue him?

Yep, I checked. They wanted $500.00 -- those prices are usually somewhat negotiable. But poor old Granddad wasn't even all there. They had his face on upside down and his backside had gone missing.

Joe

Last edited:

Yep, I checked. They wanted $500.00 -- those prices are usually somewhat negotiable. But poor old Granddad wasn't even all there. They had his face on upside down and his backside had gone missing.

Joe
If I can guess the seller, I would say that someone bought the camera at a tag sale for $5, and doesn't know where the back is.

One of these days, I'll come across a great grandpa in need of rescuing and I'll take him home. I have a feeling that me and large format will get along swimmingly.

Oh, Leonore ... you will love large format.
There is a certain magic about covering your head with a black cloth and staring at a huge ground screen with a loupe. Not to mention shifts, tilts, and handling negatives as large as the paper you are printing on.

One day I will go back to it, if I ever rebuild my darkroom.

Oh, Leonore ... you will love large format.
There is a certain magic about covering your head with a black cloth and staring at a huge ground screen with a loupe. Not to mention shifts, tilts, and handling negatives as large as the paper you are printing on.

One day I will go back to it, if I ever rebuild my darkroom.

I can't wait to get into LF.

Most reactions

Back