An image of mine is being used without permission

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Paying for a takedown notice? Send it yourself.

Good luck with that.

They are literally using the same filename as your flickr download link. lol.

It's funny cause it says download disabled on your image, but I can still get the full-size version no issue: photos/14586608@N08/34286471914/sizes/5k/

You should yell at Flickr for being a POS website who charges too much for the **** platform they provide and no one should support anymore.

Email the web admin and ask for a photo credit or for them to take it down.

Check the Terms on Flickr and see what's allowed; they might include use of your photos by others, depending on if your settings are public. Often by using a website that means you're agreeing to their Terms. You might need to change settings or stop using the site. (I quit using it when... I forget, it got bought out?)

You can issue a DMCA takedown notice yourself. I'm not sure how it applies to countries outside the US.

Are they displaying it by linking directly to your flicker image or hosting it somewhere else?

If the former then perhaps you can edit the image while keeping it at the same URL. Paste an appropriate message onto it expressing how you feel about their theft. :)

I did that when an eBay seller stole my image and used it in his eBay listing. Needless to say, the edited image did not make his item appear very desirable.

Last edited:
Are they displaying it by linking directly to your flicker image or hosting it somewhere else?

If the former then perhaps you can edit the image while keeping it at the same URL. Paste an appropriate message onto it expressing how you feel about their theft. :)

I did that when an eBay seller stole my image and used it in his eBay listing. Needless to say, the edited image did not make his item appear very desirable.

Image link is: https://agricoladasam.com.mx/dasam/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/34286471914_8e6a8fc403_b.jpg

Send a polite but professional note asking for credit or removal, whichever you prefer. See how it goes from there. A government site should be responsive.

Reactions: ntz
Send a polite but professional note asking for credit or removal, whichever you prefer. See how it goes from there. A government site should be responsive.
Thanks I decided to submit a case and got the response - we don't take cases to Mexico. I will ask them politely and in Spanish for some money maybe £150 and hope for the best.

Thanks I decided to submit a case and got the response - we don't take cases to Mexico. I will ask them politely and in Spanish for some money maybe £150 and hope for the best.
Better watch they don't send the cartels after you. Nasty lot them😁😉

a case? Just ask them for a photo credit or to remove it. They aren't going to pay you.

Reactions: ntz

Who is 'we'?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back