An Intro from Texas

BabyHopes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I suppose it's good netiquette to introduce myself before posting elsewhere. ;) So here goes nothing:

I found TPF through a google searching for information on the Canon EOS 30D. (My hopefully, soon-to-be next baby.) I am, self-admittedly, an amature when it comes to photography. Most of my subjects tend to be my two daughters or my husband. Despite my amature status, I have a real interest in photography and am hoping to refine my skills and learn from other more knowledgable photographers.

For those curious, I started taking pictures ages ago with a Pentax K1000. When I turned 18 my parents gifted me a Pentax ZX-M. Which, although no longer accountably functional, still sits in my closet. I'm much to sentimental to dispense of it, and too cheap to fix it. In 2003 my husband bought me the Canon Powershot G3. The G3 graced our home for a little over two years... that is until my daughter gave it a bath. :confused: it now sits in the closet with the Pentax ZX-M, replaced by the Canon Powershot G6.

I actually really enjoy the G6 and am quite satisfied with it on a functional day-to-day level. However, the time has come to try my hand at something a little more challenging. I have no desire to run any sort of photography business, but would love to put together -for myself- a respectable portfolio.

Anyway, that's my "official" intro. It's nice to meet all of you. I look forward to learning from your experience.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm in the DFW area. We moved here after my Dh got out of the military a year ago. So far we're loving the area. In fact we're in the process of home buying. :meh: Where's the nail-biting nervouse emoticon?

Hi. I'm pretty new here too. DFW (Fort Worth) area as well...

BH, you're in great company here! Enjoy and welcome.

welcome!
we're always glad to have another Texan on board! :D

I'm down in San Antonio. :thumbup:

DFW is in that "Part of California" that calls itself Texas, I think :wink: :wink: :wink:, mcktheknf (why not Mac, the Knife?) ...

OK, well, anyhow, welcome to ThePhotoForum, BabyHopes. I think you will like being here and looking at other members' photos and read about their experience with taking photos ... and believe me: there's many an amateur here, though we also have the occasional pro running around ;) ...! The source of information is enormous and the joy of just looking and admiring, too. I think you are "at home" now! :D

Welcome aboard! :)

Hi Everyone! I am new as of today and am from the DFW area too! Small world! I recently went from a Kodak D7590 to a new Sony Alpha A100k and I am trying to learn manual settings and how to take really good pictures without using automatic settings. I am very confused on the shutter speeds and fstops and changing them. The numbers are different on the camera compared to the books and I am not sure what I am doing! hehe If anyone has a Sony Alpha or just anyone that can help me learn this stuff, that would be great! I would also be interested if anyone does a get together anywhere for photo sessions or groups. I think that would be fun to help each other out and share tips and tricks! Just a thought. I am VERY eager to learn this stuff. I love photography and want to become a professional at it one day. Even though I take great pictures, I can't call myself a professional unless I actually KNOW what I am doing thoroughly, you know? I am 34 and work all day, so it is hard to learn here and there. It's easier if you have someone helping hands on sometimes. Either way, ANY help is great! hehe

I hope to hear from other people locally that are learning as I am, as well as anyone else that can give me some tips!

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back