TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and-invitatiion-to-Peace.jpg

Must be infrared... unless leaves there are white.

I painted each one just to fool everybody...it is though a Hoya R72 720 Nano filter

It looks scary and peaceful at the same time.

Sure, I like this one. Kind of abstract-ish, shapshot-ish and definitely conveys an emotion of ... mysterious, dreamlike states. Obviously not very literal due to the dreamy unrealistic whites. I don't even mind the blurry thing randomly existing there. Nice photo says me.

I like the idea here, but there is a lack of detail that is apparent in the grass and in some of the leaves. I'd also like to see more deeply presented blacks and shadows. Otherwise an interesting shot of an interesting place.

The nature of Infrared is that if it isn't absolutely still, 6-10 second exposures in foliage is going to have movement and thus a lack of sharp detail. I have not yet shot any architectural shots so will see where that goes.

The nature of Infrared is that if it isn't absolutely still, 6-10 second exposures in foliage is going to have movement and thus a lack of sharp detail. I have not yet shot any architectural shots so will see where that goes.

That's true of photography in any wavelength. IR filters make long shutter speeds a necessity. But IR-converted sensors can use more 'normal' exposures.

But a good IR converted camera costs in the $400-1,000 range whereas a HOYA R72 was about $115...decent results for a smaller investment so I can live with longer exposures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back