an 'oops' shot

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going to post this in the bloopers section but i would love to get feedback on this:

IMG_6059.jpg

be kind to the subjects here, they are my neighbours and check out my pics here every now and then ;)

i think the motion alone is great!!!

a couple of other things as well...

1) excellent choice in black + white
2) im a sucker for a good candid shot, i think for probably snapping this one quickly, it is framed well, and you caught some raw emotion. i love it.

md

Great shot, Mark! His expression is great, and the motion gives the shot an energy that it wouldn't have if it was static.

Cool Shot. Is that on a ferry? I like the choice of b/w in this case.

The only negative thing I can bring is that it leaves me wondering what's going on in the picture, though I'm not completely sure that's a negative.

I tend to like narrative peices, so I might be alone on that one.

Daniel

thanks all for your comments!

Cool Shot. Is that on a ferry?

yes it is, good eye. the story behind it this was i was trying to take some candid shots while they were resting on the ferry. Ashley (the guy) decides to enact revenge by quickly taking my pic with his little digicam (the silvery thing in his hands) by sticking it right into my face. I took the shot right before he took his. His shot turned out to be a lovely photo of some nostril hair :oops:

I like it. It's sort of hard to critique an oops shot.

I guess i shouldn't have said it was an oops shot then ;)

hey, nice shot you have here....
i'd love to see more of your 'people shots', mark!

i was trying to take some candid shots while they were resting on the ferry. Ashley (the guy) decides to enact revenge by quickly taking my pic with his little digicam (the silvery thing in his hands) by sticking it right into my face. I took the shot right before he took his. His shot turned out to be a lovely photo of some nostril hair

eh, you...boys... -;)))

I dug this image the second I saw it. The fact that one doesn't know what's going on is a minor distraction.

This is NOT an "oops" shot, my friend....this is way cool. Good motion, arresting facial expressions (that includes the sleeper to the right and the suggestion of waiting in the background) AND the use of B&W. I can't even summarize my reaction to this image; I can only tell you it is positive and this is a GREAT shot.

ah....Mark and his "bloopers"..... :roll:

:wink:
:hug:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back